Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for good hairdresser in Dublin

• 31-05-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

I'm really hoping that you can help me. I'm moving up to Dublin from Cork and I am hoping someone can recommend a good hairdresser in Dublin city for highlights. I travel to Limerick every 4/5 weeks or so to get my highlights done by my favourite stylist in Peter Mark, I went to her all the time whilst I was in university and after trying other stylists when I graduated and moved away from Limerick, I could never find a really good hairdresser in Cork. I'm very fussy when it comes to my hair- I like a few different shades, I like them to be really fine, I like the sides to be done in a particular way etc. Price isn't the most important factor if that helps.

It's not really feasible to travel from Dublin to Limerick to get my hair done every couple of weeks so I will be hoping to find a really nice hairdresser in Dublin. I'm living in Ballsbridge, working in D2, but not limiting myself to these areas. I'm just hoping there is another super fussy slave to highlights who will be able to recommend a great stylist somewhere- pref someone who is great at colour and cutting, including or irrespective of salon franchises.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

You could try House of Colour. They have a few salons around town and I've heard good reports on them all. I go to Vanessa in Liffey Street and find her great. A friend of mine goes to the one on D'Olier Street and loves it. Best thing is to pop in and have a chat with them first.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just wondering if there's any more recommendations for highlights in Dublin? (preferably city!)

My highlights are lately lasting less than a month before being horribly grown out with black roots- and I'm naturally dark blonde! :(
    Any suggestions for preserving the highlights as long as possible also appreciated! I don't know if it's the colour being used or something I'm doing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

I had highlights put in my hair in House of Colour on Abbey Street last November and they were awful, I don't mean they just didn't suit me, I mean they were really REALLY badly put in, the shade was all wrong for my hair, there was just no structure to where they were put in, they weren't blended properly etc etc. I will never go back to them.

I then went to Ultimate Hair & Beauty in the GPO Arcade and they fixed it for me. In fact I went there after a few weeks when my hair needed to be done again and without even starting to complain about my existing highlights TWO of the hairdressers seperately asked me where I had gotten the highlights put in (in a "they're that bad" kind of way!). Must have been someone really junior in House of Colour that did them, because I've been to the Liffey Street branch a few times for cuts and blow drys and was always happy.

Anyway I am loving Ultimate Hair & Beauty these days, I've been doing a bit of experimenting with colour over the last 6 months and I've always been happy leaving there, the staff are really nice and I think the girl who best does colour is June, ask for her!! And good luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My mam goes to Ulimate as well, she loves it! The lady who does the threading there is excellent too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 robertjack780

Hiya, brown sugar on south william st or ozlo in georges st arcade are both good hair dresser in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Does anyone know a good cheap hairdresser in Dublin 12? I just want a hair cut and I don't want to spend any more than 30 euro on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hi, just have a quick colour related question, no point in starting an entire thread!

Would anyone know of any hairdressers that would be very good at colour correction? I've been trying to lift my hair from brown to blonde, myself with box colours, over the last few months, and while it is very light, there are a lot of brassy/ yellowy tones in the back that are driving me mad. Or would anyone know any good home solutions? The dye I used just doesn't seem to lift my hair anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭borabora

Hi CC, go into a hairdressing supply store and ask them for advice about what toner to get for your particular issue. That should help to counteract the brassy shades.

In terms of highlights, the absolute best I've ever gotten was in Whetstone on Parliament st. Think they were about 230 for a full head (pre recession!!) but they were absolutely spectacular. Bright blonde but very natural looking in my light brown hair. Organic highlights too, it's an Aveda salon. Beautifully relaxing place. I'd definitely recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I go to Ultimate myself - I have found a great stylist there to keep my 60s pixie under control.

I haven't gotten colour there in years, I just do my own now, but from being in there, they seem to know what they're at and people always look pleased and comfortable with their stylists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'd recommend The Art Team it's down Grafton st. just off the side of A Wear.
    I got a brilliant colour and cut done the staff are really friendly. It's €150 usually for a full cut and colour but on a Friday it's 20% off. I had a guy called Albert do it . My hair was quite dark before and the blonde turned out well and my hair is slightly thicker than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Ozlo Hairdressing Salon in George's Arcade is incredible. I no longer live in Dublin but travel up from Cork as they are so good.

My hair was DESTROYED before I went to them. They completely sorted it out. It was bleached blonde and so damaged and they corrected the colour and taught me how to care for it.

I have been asked so much if my hair is naturally blonde and told it's fabulous by so many people since. Cannot recommend them enough. They explain everything in detail and do exactly what you ask for. They have a trainee class on a Monday that is half-price. I go then as the head stylist supervises and it's just as good as going to a qualified stylist.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jelly4

Hi there,

I'm a fan of House of Colour on Liffey st too. I always try go to Vanessa but if shes not available I ask for Aoife or Stephanie. Aoife is off for a while at the moment. They are all lovely friendly girls and listen to what you want done rather than just ploughing ahead with what they want to do.

I've also tried the Abbey st branch and didn't like it. I wasn't at all happy with my highlights. The stylist put a redish based highlight in my hair - it really didn't suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Salon 42 in Perrystown is very good for anyone living the Dublin 12 area.

Advertisement