Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.therosegarden.biz

Options
  • 31-05-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Can you please comment on this website, it performs terribly badly on google and I need to get it sorted, normally its on page 12 of google when you do a search for b and b in castlebar. The website is www.therosegarden.biz

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Hi Steve,

Firstly I would recommend changing domains to prefably a .ie or at least a .com. There is a bit more involved with getting a .ie and it costs more per year but in my opinion it is worth the cost. I would recommend going with
    www.rosegardencastlebar.ie for the domain.

Secondly you need to think about content. At the moment you don't have any and it's essential for any website from an SEO and a functionality perspective.

Have a good look at this website for a B&B in Westport. This is what you should be aiming for.
    Link

Here are two really good starter guides to SEO. I suggest you read them and follow the advice.

Google SEO Starter Guide (PDF)
    SEOMoz SEO Guide

Come back when you have that done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

Martyoo,

I agree with all you have said, I will register that domain and get to work on the site over the weekend, thanks again, it really helps to get and outside perpective.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

One h1 per page only.

You need a lot more content especially for link juice. You could have a lot info about the area, amenities, things to do etc... which would be keyword/phrase rich while also providing a better keyword to content ratio.

I'd also reconsider the homepage layout to try to get some (and more) text content further up the page.

Resize your pics to their display size. Adjusting the width and height using the image tag attributes or inline css is not a good idea.

Put a form on your contact page too.

The gallery could also have more pics and be laid out as thumbnails which popup when clicked. Something like a highslide or lightbox gallery.

Consider using some social media.

Advertisement