Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 rings of power

• 31-05-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭

There's a marvel comic book villian called the Mandarin, and he has 10 rings each of which have individual superpowers. I know there's been topics like this in the past asking people about what powers people would like to have, but I don't think it's been done like this. So let's just say you could have 10 rings that give you 10 different superpowers or abilities what would they do?

Here's mine
    Electro Ring - The ring emits electricity. I could also use it to absorb electricity from eletrical devices and increase it's power to the point that I could electricute someone(if I wanted to).

Heat Ring - The ring emits infrared radiation, or heat that can melt objects or surfaces.

Ice Ring - The ring emits waves of cold which can freeze objects in seconds.

Concusive Force Ring - The ring emits a concussive blast that is strong enough to dent Steel and pulverize rock.

Anti Gravity Ring - The ring allows me to lift, push or pull an object with ease. I could also use it to levitate objects or people or myself.

Invisibility Ring - Allows me to turn invisible.

Healing Ring- Heals me from any injury or illness.

Immortality Ring - Gives me immortality, I can not die or age as long as I have it on.

Force Field Ring - Allows me to project a force field around myself or someone else.

Teleportation Ring - Allows me to teleport to places, in the blink of an eye.

Anyway I know it's a bit silly but it's just a bit of fun. Anyway I reckon with powers like that I would proberly start off using them for good and responsibly, but over time would become corrupted and blinded by the power that I have and would end up turning evil. "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villian"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ring of fire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Riddle101 wrote: »
    There's a marvel comic book
    I stopped reading after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sauve wrote: »
    Ring of fire?

We've all had one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Ring of everything.
    Ring of anything.

On the off chance one fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Captain planet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I fell into a burning ring of fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Red ring of death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My grandfather had a three-ring circus. Him and two other assholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Riddle101 wrote: »
    There's a marvel comic book villian called the Mandarin, and he has 10 rings each of which have individual superpowers. I know there's been topics like this in the past asking people about what powers people would like to have, but I don't think it's been done like this. So let's just say you could have 10 rings that give you 10 different superpowers or abilities what would they do?

Here's mine
    Electro Ring - The ring emits electricity. I could also use it to absorb electricity from eletrical devices and increase it's power to the point that I could electricute someone(if I wanted to).

Heat Ring - The ring emits infrared radiation, or heat that can melt objects or surfaces.

Ice Ring - The ring emits waves of cold which can freeze objects in seconds.

Concusive Force Ring - The ring emits a concussive blast that is strong enough to dent Steel and pulverize rock.

Anti Gravity Ring - The ring allows me to lift, push or pull an object with ease. I could also use it to levitate objects or people or myself.

Invisibility Ring - Allows me to turn invisible.

Healing Ring- Heals me from any injury or illness.

Immortality Ring - Gives me immortality, I can not die or age as long as I have it on.

Force Field Ring - Allows me to project a force field around myself or someone else.

Teleportation Ring - Allows me to teleport to places, in the blink of an eye.

Anyway I know it's a bit silly but it's just a bit of fun. Anyway I reckon with powers like that I would proberly start off using them for good and responsibly, but over time would become corrupted and blinded by the power that I have and would end up turning evil. "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villian"

You could be called ' Ring Piece'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I stopped reading after this

You missed the rest of the post! There's actually loads more!!

I think I might be too lazy to think of ten powers. Let's see. I'd have rings which would...

1. I'd have flight because that'd be great fun.

2. Super speed because I get impatient.

3. Free wi-fi anywhere at any time.

4. A pen.

5. Instant death laser.

6. Mind control.

7. Tasty, healthy food creator.

8. Read animals' minds. I'd love to know what a lot of them are thinking. I wouldn't be too bothered about knowing what people are thinking, we're easy enough to read.

9. A ring which can instantly give you all the information you can't get from google. Like "when have I met her before?"

10. Air-bubble creating ring so I can travel in space, and maybe fight aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Ring of Suction.

My arse would be able to suck women's boobs.

Course, gay men would hound me - I may have to rethink this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I'd have a ring that can open that tiny weird little blade on a Swiss Army knife, the weird bendy wee one that breaks every nail on every finger just trying to open it. then i would have the full might of the Swiss Army knife at my disposal and would be thusly omnipotent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I fell into a burning ring of fire?

There's a cream for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

First post on boards, of course I had to click into this thread first ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My friend has a ring that prevents him from embarking on entertaining adventures with his friends, except for maybe once a month. However, such is the power of this ring that he can't stay out too late, and is completely prevented from talking to other women.

It's commonly known as a wedding ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

biko wrote: »
    My grandfather had a three-ring circus. Him and two other assholes.

Ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

DonQuay1 wrote: »
    Ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring, ring-ring ring-ring,

.....Banana Phone

Advertisement