Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing gear

Options
  • 31-05-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

Waders, rods, reels etc, where would be the best place for someone looking to invest in a new hobby :) Looking for sea/bass fishing stuff and any deals anyone knows of.

Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Waders, rods, reels etc, where would be the best place for someone looking to invest in a new hobby :) Looking for sea/bass fishing stuff and any deals anyone knows of.

Thank you

Lidl,Aldi and also Woodies (Woodies now sell beach rods and reel combos for around 35-50 euro).

Tackle Shops in Dublin would be ABC Tackle off Capel Street,Rorys in Temple Bar,Henrys Tackle Shop in Ballybough,Viking Tackle Shop in Bray and others (look in Golden Pages)

Im a bit of a shore angling enthusiast myself.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

paddy147 wrote: »
    Lidl,Aldi and also Woodies (Woodies now sell beach rods and reel combos for around 35-50 euro).

Tackle Shops in Dublin would be ABC Tackle off Capel Street,Rorys in Temple Bar,Henrys Tackle Shop in Ballybough,Viking Tackle Shop in Bray and others (look in Golden Pages)

Im a bit of a shore angling enthusiast myself.:)
    Good man Paddy. How much should I expect to pay for a decent wee starting out kit without being ripped off?
    Something kinda puts me off Lidl/Aldi as I'd like to know am buying good stuff that will serve me well (not that the gear out of either of they shops won't, just......)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Good man Paddy. How much should I expect to pay for a decent wee starting out kit without being ripped off?
    Something kinda puts me off Lidl/Aldi as I'd like to know am buying good stuff that will serve me well (not that the gear out of either of they shops won't, just......)

Around 70 euro would get you a nice enough 10-11 foot sea/pier fishing rod and reel set,which would be ideal as a starter setup.

Weights would be around the 4-5 ounce weight maximum.........(gripper weights)

You can go to extremes though and pay up to 300 euro just for a casting rod and then another 250 euro for the casting reel (like the fishing rod/reel in my pics).

Conoflex Scorpion Carbon/Kevlar 13 foot casting rod and Abu Garcia casting reel.

PS-The rods in Woodies seem ok,but I would have some reservations about the reels and how much strain/abuse the gearing inside the reel could cope with.

Advertisement