Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly People Doing Silly things!

• 31-05-2012 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Got a phone call from a friend who mentioned that their aunt in todays referendum voted "Yes" because in their aunts very words "I didn't want Gerry to get in!"

:eek:

...Yes, you read that right! :pac:

Now this is NOT a thread about the referendum (thats HERE) - rather would anyone be willing to mention anything daft that they have seen others do in the past or are doing at the mo!

I just laughed when I heard the above this evening.
    Some people really don't have a clue - do they! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I tried blue cheese for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it was a strange flavour but it was actually nice enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i saw a man i know trying to put his jacket on one evening, it was upside down and inside out at the time and he just kept trying, some fairys around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I sometimes vote based on a certain person on an internet forums opinion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Biggins wrote: »
    Got a phone call from a friend who mentioned that their aunt in todays referendum voted "Yes" because in their aunts very words "I didn't want Gerry to get in!"

The amount of people calling it an election is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Maybe she might be a wise woman, a no vote might trigger unstability in the government (a la Greece), leading to rifts, fallouts and eventual dissolution of the Dáil. Cue a waiting SF ready to pick up the scraps of an electorate disgruntled with FG/Lab and still wary of FF.

Or she could just be a dumb bint:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

That reminds of the story of an old women voting in the Referendum for the Good Friday Agreement who wrote "I don't want abortion." on her ballot!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Momentary synergy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Maybe she might be a wise woman, a no vote might trigger unstability in the government (a la Greece), leading to rifts, fallouts and eventual dissolution of the Dáil. Cue a waiting SF ready to pick up the scraps of an electorate disgruntled with FG/Lab and still wary of FF.

Or she could just be a dumb bint:pac:

I've met her a number of times.
    Definitely the latter. :pac:

Advertisement