Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubbercurry or Drumshanbo???

Options
  • 31-05-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Hi all myself & family attended the week long music workshops in Drumshanbo last year and found them excellent.

Had planned to go back this year but due to committments might not make Drumshanbo but Tubbercurry is the week before so how does this compare?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I was at both last year. Lots more music in the pubs during the day in Drumshanbo.

IMHO Drumshanbo is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks Paid we did enjoy Drumshanbo but didn't spend any time in the pubs, with 2 kids it's really the workshops and music element we're after

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ros77

Though smaller in ways , Keadue is the week after Drumshanbo and close by. See www.ocarolanharpfestival.ie and the tab for the Summer School will give you the times and the tutors.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Scoil Acla is the week after Drumshambo too and is excellent.
    I've done the classes twice, they're cheap and have great tutors.
    It's more child friendly than other summer schools in my opinion, as there are kids sessions organised during the day and the pubs aren't as crazy. It's also a nice place for a holiday with the beaches, water sports, horse-riding etc in the locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks all going with what we know and off to Drumshanbo next week.

Thanks Marieanne we did Scoil Acla last year fantastic location, workshops were good but found eating out (even with tourism tax breaks) on Achill quite expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement