Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste companies

Options
  • 31-05-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

We are moving to Blackrock at the weekend so it's time to get all our service providers sorted (i.e. gas, elec., etc...).

From what I hear and read, Panda have a pretty good reputation for service and price. Just wanted to check if this is the real consensus or not?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks,

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

choose any waste provide except greyhound they are a shower of bast*rds they really are and are useless with their waste collection, my bin can sit outside for the who month full waiting to be collected and they dont come, credit on my account and correct sticker and they dont come and its not just me its the whole cul-de-sac and when you ring to complain they say that they have been, even when you say that none of the bins in the cul-de-sac have been collected so they cant have come they say they can not discuss other accounts :confused: so avoid at all costs

panda work an invoice service so they will collect your bins and every (i think its) two months they send an invoice which you pay

thorntons you pay by the lift ie you need credit on your account before they will collect the bins so you pay upfront

both companies require you to pay a yearly charge thinks its around 50euro and it needs to be paid before they will collect your bins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

We've had Panda for years in two locations in south Dublin. It's pretty painless. I don't think we've ever had a missed pickup in 5+ years. As others have said, they operate on an invoice basis, so as long as you are paid up they pick up. Every 3 (I think) months they send a bill for the previous periods lifts - so you're not paying in advance or anything.

The only problem we had was when we moved house and they didn't quite handle the logistics correctly - they happily picked up the bin every week, but they continued to charge it to the old owner even though we had been on the phone to them and said (clearly) "we are moving from address 1 to address 2, what needs to happen ?" They came along one day and just took the bin away entirely and left a not entirely pleasant note about not paying bills. It was just a silly mix up and I wouldn't let it put me off recommending them.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Go with Panda, I've never had an issue with them.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Panda also have a minimum bin weight before they charge for the lift. Its possible that if you put your bin out on a weekly basis, you may only pay the annual charge and the weight charge, ie not pay for any bin lifts. Some who has a recent bill in front of them should be able to confirm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

+1 for Panda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Dubsey

Sounds like a no brainer.

Thanks for the info.

D.

Advertisement