Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burgundy/Wine - Pocket Square

• 31-05-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Sister's wedding in the South of France in a week's time. Here's what I'm wearing:

Suit: grey
    Shirt: light blue
    Tie: burgundy/wine (two-tone diagonally shaded stripes, hard to explain fully but its nice)
    Pocket square: preferably burgundy & silk but I can't find one in Dublin (yet).

Next don't sell them anymore.
    M&S don't seem to have burgundy ones.
    TM Lewin don't seem to have them in stock.
    Tie Rack don't have burgundy ones.
    Suit shops in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre don't have burgundy ones.

If I can't find a burgundy/wine pocket square I'll buy a white pocket square & wear a white shirt with the burgundy tie but I'd prefer not.

Rather than phone or visit multiple shops in Dublin (my next step if necessary) has anybody seen silk or cotton burgundy pocket squares (or hankerchiefs, same thing) selling in Dublin recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

In my opinion I would avoid matching your pocket square or hank to your tie. This is very matchy-matchy and more a feature of women's fashion. On a man it may look like you hired the whole outfit in one go.

Instead try a crisp white Irish linen handkerchief to provide a contrasting texture to the rest of the fabrics you're wearing. You should be able to get that or a summery cotton hank in Kennedy & McSharry on Nassau St.

If possible get a hank with a hand-rolled edge rather than a machine-hemmed one, it gives the hank more shape and texture of you try a puff, or other folds in your breast pocket.

Advertisement