Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions June 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Odd that the Met Eireann radar only showed a 30 minute spell of precip over Cork this morning, yet heavy drizzle/light rain has been falling all morning.
    Anywho, currently 13.9C, 1007hPa and still drizzling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

all down to calibration I'd say. smaller droplets not picked up in the constant haze or drizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Dull grey and miserable with a temp of 13.3c. There's a heavy mist falling also. Great summer weather:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

dexter647 wrote: »
    Dull grey and miserable with a temp of 13.3c. There's a heavy mist falling also. Great summer weather:mad:

Leaving cert starts this week too. What is going on ????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Miserable Day, Constant rain/drizzle, Temp 12.4c, Rain 6.2mm

Data and Cams @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Cold day out, 11c. Cloudy, no rain to speak of, a bit of drizzle earlier but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A Cloudy Dull day in Castlebar with Mist/Drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Max temp today 13˚c
    Low cloud and drizzly mist all day
    Rain so far 6.3mm
    Pressure falling rapidly
    Wind dropping since midday, now nearly calm

Heard reports of a heavy shower of hailstones here not so long ago, sun splitting the rocks on either side of it though.

A dry bright day in Castlebar.Light winds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

More downpours in Cork City...never seen raindrops so big as they are right now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Ludo wrote: »
    More downpours in Cork City...never seen raindrops so big as they are right now :eek:
    Some extremely heavy showers earlier to the north/northeast of the City earlier alright, with the ground now pretty much soaked through, doesn't bode well for what is forecast to come for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unexpectedly beautiful day in east Galway. Got all the outdoor work done in anticipation (for want of a better word) of the dreadful weather over next few days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Gorgeous day and evening here. Loads of blue sky and it was reading 14 degrees in my car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was expecting showers and all having listened to MetEireann yesterday but it is wall to wall sunshine in galway most of the day.
    17c now

Pangea wrote: »
    Heard reports of a heavy shower of hailstones here not so long ago, sun splitting the rocks on either side of it though.

At the time of posting, it was 16c and I was thinking how could there possibly be hail, but weather never ceases to amaze me.

Look at this hail in North Donegal.
    http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/06/06/wow-one-hail-of-a-storm-hits-donegal/

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

just had thunder in the last hour,13.4m off rain recored from the shower and still raining,temp 11.1,wind calm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

eastmayo wrote: »
    just had thunder in the last hour,13.4m off rain recored from the shower and still raining,temp 11.1,wind calm

I can see it from here. :D

A few drops starting to fall here.

Sky still pretty bright and a light blue to the north/west here. You couldn't call it dark outside.
    Just curious, is it like this in other parts of the country at the moment?

Likewise in Castlebar sir.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Had a band of nasty looking showers over the midlands today but they missed me completely an I had many hours of sunshine after 12pm ....and they also missed the Synoptic stations by and large. The record may show nothing like the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deluges, and thunder here in West Cork.. have to go out soon :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy Rain, 15.0mm since Midnight, Highest Rainfall Rate 32.0mm/hr at 8.25
    Temp 13.0c, Wind SE at 8km/h

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Temp: 12.4°C ↔
    Wind: F1 to gust 5km/h
    Press: 984.8 hPa ↔
    Precipitatio: Raining: Nothing Special:
    Overnight sensor shut down as PC went to sleep: it says we got 7mm rain: Reading for the internal logger is says 24mm of rain.

I know we got more than 7mm but easy like so I slept all night: 24mm would have overflowed by containers, it did not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

June = Monsoon season?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

32.8mm so far, relentless since 06.30, an looking at the radar its not going to ease off for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Bucketing it down in Galway City for the last few hours,doesnt look like stopping anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Aiel wrote: »
    Bucketing it down in Galway City for the last few hours,doesnt look like stopping anytime soon.

Same here in West Cork. but shopping etc done so it can do what it likes...
    Not going anywhere until next Tuesday now.

If i soap the car will it rinse it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Yip, summer is here:D Steady constant rain here all day:mad:

12*c
    99% RH
    987.7hpa falling slowly
    16.5mm rain today
    21.9mm rain last 24hrs
    37.8mm rain this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

30mm so far 2day,43.4 since 9 yest eve,temp 11.2,wind speed max,20mph at 16.08.summer here alright:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement