Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions June 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Temp 12.9C
    Humd 89%
    Wind 14.6 kmh W
    Rain 0.0 mm since midnight (16mm yesterday)
    Pres 1011.4 hPa Falling Slowly

Grey skies over Ballyhaunis

http://www.carrowhawny.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Outbreaks of rain in Castlebar since this morning.Tending to dry out from the SW now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Overcast with a few drops of rain, Temp a cool 12.8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Woefully wild, wet, windy, cold...Folk are buying coal in June, and again our market was rained off and blown away...

Rocky Bay wrote: »
    ...if you are experiencing rain, wind or ANY kind of umsummery weather in Ireland now, today or tomorrow be GRATEFULL !!! An hour and a half ago (5:00a.m.) it was 27.C here in NYC. The high is forecast near 37.C with humidity to match, this will be a 4 t-shirt day. How I wish I was standing in a rainy, wet, damp, moist bog, field or boreen with the rain pouring down on top of me because THAT would feel a thousand times more comfortable that what is being felt here now, today and tomorrow. (Keep your "wet Irish summer" comments to yourselves and be happy you are not experiencing this...this...most uncomfortable weather !!!!!!) M.T. Cranium help..........................................

Dear friend.. GGS is the Grass is Greener Syndrome. ie anywhere seems better than where you are,, in fact it is not so.

We are in ireland here and this is about weather conditions here,

Do fly over by all means. You sound so unhappy.

The weather here is more than uncomfortable .I have come in from trying to trade soaked to the skin and very cold. Yet again. Seeds are rotting in the ground so there will be less food this year,

.farmers are struggling to get sileage and hay in, growers are losing their living as everything is weeks behind and nothing is growiing properly.

Those who rely on street markets for a living are losing out. As we have done today.

These are not complaints, simply the facts we are living with just now.. ie these are the weather conditions here in Ireland.

WHich we have to live with as you do there. And be assured you would not enjoy the weather here for long!

Is there not a forum there for weather conditions where you are?

Blessings and peace meanwhile....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Graces7 wrote: »
    Dear friend.. GGS is the Grass is Greener Syndrome. ie anywhere seems better than where you are,, in fact it is not so.

We are in ireland here and this is about weather conditions here,

Do fly over by all means. You sound so unhappy.

The weather here is more than uncomfortable .I have come in from trying to trade soaked to the skin and very cold. Yet again. Seeds are rotting in the ground so there will be less food this year,

.farmers are struggling to get sileage and hay in, growers are losing their living as everything is weeks behind and nothing is growiing properly.

Those who rely on street markets for a living are losing out. As we have done today.

These are not complaints, simply the facts we are living with just now.. ie these are the weather conditions here in Ireland.

WHich we have to live with as you do there. And be assured you would not enjoy the weather here for long!

Is there not a forum there for weather conditions where you are?

Blessings and peace meanwhile....

Sorry for you Graces7

I know the farmers around me have had their cattle back indoors for the last 4 weeks, my heart goes out to anyone depending on the weather - normal June we can all cope with but what we've had is devastating for those who need normal conditions

Some heavy and persistant rain in Castlebar since around 6pm from a narrow band of showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Beautiful morning in Cork, hardly a cloud in the sky, and there's actually heat in the sun :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Hmm it has clouded over here in Cork again.

My dad has honey bees and is feeding them daily atm. It is too wet for them to fly and June is supposed to be their biggest month for honey collection.

A dry bright day in Castlebar with variable cloud cover.Light NW'LY.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

What a difference in 24 hours. Currently 21c with strong sunshine.

Live Data and Cams @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Clamball wrote: »
    Hmm it has clouded over here in Cork again.

My dad has honey bees and is feeding them daily atm. It is too wet for them to fly and June is supposed to be their biggest month for honey collection.

Awww; God bless him!

I have noticed far fewer insects for this month. None of our small apple trees took either.

Sorry for you Graces7

I know the farmers around me have had their cattle back indoors for the last 4 weeks, my heart goes out to anyone depending on the weather - normal June we can all cope with but what we've had is devastating for those who need normal conditions

I'm OK; used to getting literally soaked to the skin now.
    My gazebo turned turtle in the wind a few weeks ago and broke a leg so we had to shoot it;) and there is no way it can be replaced.

but all in the garden is so disappointing. The cattle are out again here. Grass is growing well again.

OK; weather here in West Cork! Some blessedly hot sun today and dry but heavy cloud never far away. Magnificent cloudscapes.

Temp 11.7C
    Humd 92%
    Wind 2.5 kmh NNW
    Rain 0.0 mm since midnight
    Pres 1017.4 hPa Rising Slowly

Not to bad a start in Ballyhaunis

I keep bees as well and things are not good - desperately need a prolonged warm spell if we are to get any honey this year.

Cold; some sun today but cold.

Checked on the last tray of runner beans I planted and they are rotting.

This will be a thin year for food crops unless you havea a tunnel or heated greenhouse ...

Off to market early tomorrow, dressed for winter.. Still I sell more woolly hats in cold weather!

Oh there were bees out today , in and out of our huge tree lupin that is in full glorious fragrant flower.

Temp 14.7C
    Humd 93%
    Wind 9.4 kmh SSE
    Rain 1.6 mm since midnight
    Pres 1013.2 hPa Falling Slowly

Drizzle and grey skies here in Ballyhaunis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Surprisingly sunny afternoon in Waterford, currently 20c.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stillorganboy

Family in Florida being washed out by tropical storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Family in Florida being washed out by tropical storm

Debby. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Very very windy. Ita snapped my tomato plants and the canes that were supporting them

• Advertisement

19.30 and still over 21˚c :)

After a really dull and drizzly start to the day the sun came out and it was really lovely from about 13.00

It was a dull,cloudy start to the day in Castlebar,brightened up lovely for the afternoon,and cloudy again from around 6pm onwards.

It was clear when I left home around five am to go to Sneem, then into thick fog/soft rain that lasted all morning and into the afternoon. No mountains etc. Rare glimpse of sun as I came back.
    A pharmacy in Ballyvourney displays the temp. Last week as I came through it was 6; today it was 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Feels like a summer evening in Portugal, absolutely gorgeous! :)

Horrible start to the day in Ashford but come 11.00 drizzle stopped, come 13.00 temp soared to 24c, lovely afternoon even when it cloudy over now and again.

Currently 17.8c at 22.40???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Trogdors station in Bray showing 19.7ºC as of midnight. Humidex of 24.2ºC.

Won't be getting much sleep tonight ! Sweatin' buckets already.

Temp 14.9C
    Humd 94%
    Wind 9.5 kmh SSW
    Rain 4.6 mm since midnight
    Pres 1013.3 hPa Rising Slowly

Horizon to Horizon solid grey skies here in Ballyhaunis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Temp: 16°C ↔
    Baro: 1017 hPa ↔
    Wind: F0 Calm
    Precip: Damp no rain collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Very continental feel here in Dún Laoghaire this morning -

At 10am its 22C, 1012 hPa, Rh 85%, winds westerly at 5-10 kts, no rain in the past hour and theres a barely discernable heat haze forming over the bay

• Advertisement

Thick fog this morning and rain. Muggy and oppressive; hay fever appalling. Fog cleared but heavy cloud still. No wind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement