Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick photos - wedding present

• 31-05-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all, a friend of mine, originally from Limerick, is getting married and settling in America soon. Instead of the usual crap for wedding presents I was hoping to get her something Limerick related - a nice photo or painting or something along those lines that will link her to home, in her new home. Ive been looking online for photographers but have had no real luck; Im thinking mybe a photo of KingJohns Castle that I could frame or something like that, I dunno open to suggestions really. Nothing hugely expensive either, max 100e. Has anyone any ideas what I could get, or any suggestions of where to even look? Wedding is very soon so time is of the essence, as they say!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fenwick

Hey sorry, I should mention that I have looked through the threads of the pics of Limerick and while they're class, they're not really suitable for hanging on a wall.....or maybe they are. I dunno, im not in the least bit arty.......suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Call into Whelans photographers on O'Connell Street. They have some lovely photos in frames there. I think I can recall a B&W of King John's Castle with the flag in colour. Looks lovely. Not sure now if they are for sale or not, but you could always go and ask them. Ask for Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is an exhibition of Limerick photo's taking place in the Hunt Museum, dont know if you can purchase them - but still well worth a look if the pics from the leader are anything to go by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

PM me ill see what I can do for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

426604_252291501518434_100002127570472_585224_1716132812_n.jpg

408844_250822491665335_2109253805_n.jpg

Photos taken by John Hickey (Limerick Man) He does some great work and I am sure he could do what you are after. PM me if you would like his number.

http://johnhickeyphotography.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Photos taken by John Hickey (Limerick Man) He does some great work and I am sure he could do what you are after. PM me if you would like his number.

http://johnhickeyphotography.com/

+1 to John's work. Some very nice stuff there indeed.

Another locally based guy who has some nice shots of Limerick is Neville Gawley.
    http://www.nevillegawley.ie/photography/

I have been buying Limerick-themed calendars from Neville the past couple of years and they go down well as Christmas gifts to family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fenwick

Folks, thanks so much for the replies, and sorry for the delay in getting back. I've seen John Hickeys stuff, I actually go his name from someone but couldnt get a contact for him online. His kinda stuff is exactly what I was thinking of, would suit really well I think.
    Ill PM you guys now, Id be very interested and Ill have a look at Nevilles stuff. THanks again for all the replies and the help, I really appreciate it!

Advertisement