Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel corsa no power

• 01-06-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi i have an opel corsa 1997 1.2 eco and up to yesterday when i drove it there was no power it starts fine and moves but it will barly do about 10 mph at a push and it will not go up a hill ive noticed the car was getting very under powerd in the last two months but now it barly moves any body know what the problem might be ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yeah it's a corsa
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

10mph sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

... it could be something as simple as a broken coil in one of the ignition circuits. Any major work on the engine could cost 100's but replacement coil would be 50 euros.

Does the engine light stay on?
    Is the engine running roughly and staying below 2000 rpm?
    Is it inclined to cut out when stopping?

Hard to say otherwise but the gradual deterioration looks like valve trouble rather than a faulty coil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

When were things like a service and timing belt etc done last?

Is it a misfire(chugging/stuttering) or just nothing happening when you press the accelerator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carboy2k12

em no the engine sounds perfect and the rpm is perfet too no indacation of the engine dying when i stop the car.no bud the engine light goes straight off when started./ it was fully serviced at 120000 miles theres 125000 miles on it now and the timing belt was done at 110000 miles. when i press the trottle it moves smothly but it barly goes any ideas ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

carboy2k12 wrote: »
    em no the engine sounds perfect and the rpm is perfet too no indacation of the engine dying when i stop the car.no bud the engine light goes straight off when started./ it was fully serviced at 120000 miles theres 125000 miles on it now and the timing belt was done at 110000 miles. when i press the trottle it moves smothly but it barly goes any ideas ??

Are the revs rising but the car isn't moving? If so then your looking at a slipping/worn clutch.

Advertisement