Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I loved the flying lessons!! So much that I've got a real pilots licence since I played SA as a spotty 14 year old! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I got out my old PS2 out last night just to play SA after all the chat here about the game.Brought back some great memories.I took the jet that is kept in the hangar in the airport in Las Venturas out for a flight and it is smaller than i remember but still an awkward fecker to control

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I personally found planes quite easy to control, some of the flight missions were slightly difficult but at that stage of the game you have everywhere unlocked. It made it all the better when you finished them. Nowadays in games if I can't do something on the first or second try I give up which can take something away from them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

Liam O wrote: »
    Nowadays in games if I can't do something on the first or second try I give up which can take something away from them...

That's probably the thing. People are pretty impatient. I gotta be honest I found the choppers difficult to get to grips with in Vice City. There was the early mission to blow up the multi-story building using a RC Helicopter - it took me loads of goes to get a feel for the controls and finish it. But after I'd done that then when I got the chance to get into a 'real' chopper later in the game it was a piece of cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That's probably the thing. People are pretty impatient. I gotta be honest I found the choppers difficult to get to grips with in Vice City. There was the early mission to blow up the multi-story building using a RC Helicopter - it took me loads of goes to get a feel for the controls and finish it. But after I'd done that then when I got the chance to get into a 'real' chopper later in the game it was a piece of cake.
    On my recent play through of Vice City I came to that mission and my head dropped. It used to take forever to do. Did it first go with loads of time to spare :pac:

Did that race for the Malibu first time aswell. That used to drive me mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The one in Vice City that drove me mental was the Biker mission where you had to cause a ruckus, could never understand what they wanted you to do...

Liam O wrote: »
    The one in Vice City that drove me mental was the Biker mission where you had to cause a ruckus, could never understand what they wanted you to do...
    Blow shit up :pac:

That Love Fist limo mission used to take me forever to do too. Eventually I realised if you turn left instead of going straight when it starts, it'll lead you to that nice long road that goes across Starfish Island and down most of the lenght of the first island. Piss easy once I copped that.

CM Punked is going to be mad now too. We started talking about SA in the V thread, now we're talking about VC in the SA thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    CM Punked is going to be mad now too. We started talking about SA in the V thread, now we're talking about VC in the SA thread :D

tumblr_lg4frdEFHh1qc7orao1_400.jpg

I understand chat can branch off and thats only normal especially when you've got a subject as big as gta. But i think the 5 thread should be kept exclusive for stuff to do with it. I know some get annoyed when they see it bumped and no info on the game.
    Anyway, carry on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Will catalina ever just fúck off! She doesn't stop shouting, what is stopping CJ from blowing her face off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Will catalina ever just fúck off! She doesn't stop shouting, what is stopping CJ from blowing her face off?

GTA III

• Advertisement

is she in gta 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    GTA III

Nope, it's SA. That bitch does nothing but shout at you for about 10 missions straight. :pac:

EDIT: Or do you mean the GTAIII guy is stopping CJ killing her. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Nope, it's SA. That bitch does nothing but shout at you for about 10 missions straight. :pac:

EDIT: Or do you mean the GTAIII guy is stopping CJ killing her. :P

I think he means that if CJ was to blow her head off in SA how would she go on to do what she did in GTAIII, which was out before SA.

GTA III is after SA and she is the main bad guy (girl) in it. Kill her in SA and GTA III doesn't happen.

Does that mean I'm the only one who liked Catalina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

GTA III is after SA and she is the main bad guy (girl) in it. Kill her in SA and GTA III doesn't happen.

I thought she was hilarious, especially the scene were you are looking at the house and she is inside doing some weird BDSM stuff to Carl.:D

SA is my favourite GTA by far. The variety was insane and the missions were creative as f*ck.

I loved everything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I used to just spend hours tearing about the countryside on bicycles, quads, hovercraft or overhead in any of the lovely planes. Good times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The music in SA was epic. one of the best games ever

CMpunked wrote: »
    I think he means that if CJ was to blow her head off in SA how would she go on to do what she did in GTAIII, which was out before SA.

Bingo
    If CJ killed her then GTA III wouldn't happen so SA wouldn't not be released as a follow on to GTA III

JohnK wrote: »
    I gave up on SA due to those ****ing planes too and its a shame as I was actually enjoying the game up until that :(
    i could never do the last mission

CMpunked wrote: »

Ah, sorry. :o

III is the only GTA I've never played.

I hated her! Mainly because I hated the quad mission, and hate bikes in general in GTA games, and her missions invariably involved bikes. :P

• Advertisement

The music in SA was epic. one of the best games ever

They all had goods songs on them even K Rose but my favorite radio station had to be WCTR

They all had goods songs on them even K Rose but my favorite radio station had to be WCTR

K Dust for me all day

Radio Los Santos and Playback FM were the shít! Had them blaring all day today, such good hip hop in that game.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Radio Los Santos and Playback FM were the shít! Had them blaring all day today, such good hip hop in that game.

I know we're in danger of encroaching on "The Radio Stations" thread territory, but RLS, K-DST, K-Rose and Radio-X were absolutely amazing. I have a program on my PC that lets you put in the PS2 disk, and then you can create playlists with all the radio announcements and ads stuff.

Nothing like taking a car to the mod shop and doing it up to the last and then cruising round Ganton with the choons blaring!

Eminence front by the who + Freeway + the desert in Las Venturas = probably the most epic GTA experience of all time.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I miss robbing peoples tellies like in SA. I used to love driving around at night in my big black van and my balaclava on. The big gafs in the posh areas were the best places to rob. I just love getting up to no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Never really a fan of the SA soundtrack, only a handful of decent songs. Then again it had to live up to the VC soundtrack which is ridiculously good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

Vice City's Radio Espantoso. So good I bought the CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

K-Rose and Mary-Beth Maybell. She had so many great lines

This just reminds me of driving about the countryside between los santos & mount chilliad

• Advertisement

K Dust for me all day

Flying a jet over San Andreas while playing this was awesome

Advertisement