Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Grove_Street.jpg
    "Grove Street, Home, At least it was before I fcked everything up"

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Can't f'ing wait for the Leaving Cert to be over. You guys have got me so pumped up to play SA. Just bought a PS2 off my mate and have SA upstairs. Absolutely buzzing for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

CJ better make an appearance in the next GTA.

Did any characters from the previous liberty city games make an appearance in the last GTA? Because if they did there's always a possibility CJ could be in the next one somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    CJ better make an appearance in the next GTA.

Did any characters from the previous liberty city games make an appearance in the last GTA? Because if they did there's always a possibility CJ could be in the next one somewhere.
    Only Lazlow. Other than him they are completly different worlds. I doubt CJ will appear. Dont really care if he does tbh, I'd much rather Tommy make a reappearance at some point.

I just finished the flying school missions there and i'm left wondering why people found that so hard?? It was simple! the driving school was harder in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just finished the flying school missions there and i'm left wondering why people found that so hard?? It was simple! the driving school was harder in my opinion.

Away you heathen!

I will not hear defence of the flying school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

*Pic of Grove Street removed in quote*

"Grove Street, Home, At least it was before I fcked everything up"

And when ya got the 100% they put a Hydra on top of CJ's neighbour's house and a tank under the bridge!

Fcuk me I loved that game. I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes for the best GTA V they can possibly make, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm GTA starved at the moment. I miss the good times with the lads at Grove Street! :pac:

grove-street-families-02.jpg

The circle airfield was a kunt. The rest weren't the worse, but still annoying enough knowing you have to do them all before you can go any further.

For the driving school, only the final one was hard (race around the city in two minutes, crash and you're done. Either too much damage or took too long.) the rest where easy. One of them was a skid into a parking spot, that took a few go's but once you figured out where to start the break and turn it was only a matter of speed. Everything else you did in only one or two tries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

Agreed. Horses for courses and all that....

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The circle airfield was a kunt.

Yeah thats the only one i had problems with, I couldnt hit the first circle, then i realised i had to put up the landing gear and it was ham and cheesy after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Taking over piece of territory

One guy left in final wave of enemies

He's legged it, no where to be found on that piece of turf

ffffuuuuu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Taking over piece of territory

One guy left in final wave of enemies

He's legged it, no where to be found on that piece of turf

ffffuuuuu

m'fer is found running away from the territory, dude doesnt even have his gun, he threw it away.
    Poor guy doesnt want to be a gangster, he just wants to go home, he's in over his head and all his homies are dead.
    He thinks his retirement will be enough and promises to stay away. But thats not how it has to go down, man. You have to go the way of your purple wearing brothers with a bullet in your chest.
    BANG.

- What goes through my head when im looking for that one enemy making a break for it.

That area between the industrial looking area and the train tracks was the worst for gang wars. The next batch would spawn up the road and end up getting stuck running into a wall instead of making their way down to you. You have to go up to them and hope its not too far out of the war zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

First time playing through SA I was hellbent early on in taking over as much of the Los Santos turf as possible. Vast swathes of gangland fell and the colour on the streets became green. And then of course CJ gets taken to some redneck village in the country and bang...all that work out of the window. lol

CMpunked wrote: »
    m'fer is found running away from the territory, dude doesnt even have his gun, he threw it away.
    Poor guy doesnt want to be a gangster, he just wants to go home, he's in over his head and all his homies are dead.
    He thinks his retirement will be enough and promises to stay away. But thats not how it has to go down, man. You have to go the way of your purple wearing brothers with a bullet in your chest.
    BANG.

- What goes through my head when im looking for that one enemy making a break for it.

Blood in, blood out. As they say down in yonder hood.

I just killed a gang of Ballas with a 2 foot long purple Dildo. And that ladies and gentlemen is why san andreas is the greatest game of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Hey, it aint Jeffrey no more, its OG Loc.

OG Loc?

Oh yeah, he's a real gangster now

Hey, it aint Jeffrey no more, its OG Loc.

OG Loc?

Oh yeah, he's a real gangster now

I knew from the moment I first saw him walking down those steps in front of the police station in Pershing Square that I'd have to kill him...

EDIT: wait... I can't remember, do you actually get to kill him in SA? Or did I just shoot him at so many different opportunities that that's what's canon to me?

You dont kill him. You do chase him off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Finish it today god I love that game I have all the turf in LS. So hard to find some gang members to kill to start the war. You don't kill OG Loc Madd Dogg just pushes him which CJ gets a record deal for MD and tells Log to get some lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I loved getting stamina up to full and BMX skill up to full then getting the FIB after me. Oh the bunny hopping shenanigans.

Also getting that world war two plane and using it to shoot down the harriers that come after you. Difficult but fun.

The mission where you get to drive the combine harvester was hilarious.

Doing the gone in sixty seconds style missions for Wang Cars.

The mission where you get to drive the combine harvester was hilarious.

It was easy enough, but fairly annoying too. I always ended up driving out of the farm, getting out and shooting all the hillbillys so I didn't have to worry about them damaging the thing too much. Its a bit of a drive too iirc, one time I was just about to the end and it went on fire :(

That's what made me adopt the "kill the fcukers" gameplan :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

it's really hard to kill Denise. I put a C4 on he back and she still didn't die. Only way to kill her is to drive a car off the end of the boardwalk. Bid up speed and jump out right before the car goes off the edge

it's really hard to kill Denise. I put a C4 on he back and she still didn't die. Only way to kill her is to drive a car off the end of the boardwalk. Bid up speed and jump out right before the car goes off the edge

What did you expect? She's gangsta! :cool:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What did you expect? She's gangsta! :cool:

She's a Ho

Is she the first girlfriend you get in SA? The one that lives just at the eastern side of that overpass that goes over Grove Street?

Yeah thats her, i brought her out once, never again. Mad bitch just goes around shooting everything...

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I don't understand why they got rid of pedal bikes in GTAIV. Cycling was a simple addition to the GTA series in SA and was so fun.

I don't understand why they got rid of pedal bikes in GTAIV. Cycling was a simple addition to the GTA series in SA and was so fun.

There was a lot of stuff lost in IV. I'm one of the people who loved the direction IV went in story wise, being a more serious, gritty type thing rather than am over the top parody type story, but they lost some features that make no sense to get rid of.

- Modding cars
    - Garages for your cars
    - Bikes
    - Paramedic missions
    - Firefighter missions
    - Taxi Missions (This is a really weird one since Roman owns a taxi firm. I never understood why you can't continue to do them once he buys a new business after Three Leaf Clover)
    - Hair cuts
    - Clothing. Christ, the choice of clothing in IV was dismal. Apart from Perseus and one or two things in Modo, everything else was cack!

• Advertisement

God the cloths were the worst in GTA IV only 2 hats and both were sh1t

Advertisement