Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    There was a lot of stuff lost in IV. I'm one of the people who loved the direction IV went in story wise, being a more serious, gritty type thing rather than am over the top parody type story, but they lost some features that make no sense to get rid of.

- Modding cars
    - Garages for your cars
    - Bikes
    - Paramedic missions
    - Firefighter missions
    - Taxi Missions (This is a really weird one since Roman owns a taxi firm. I never understood why you can't continue to do them once he buys a new business after Three Leaf Clover)
    - Hair cuts
    - Clothing. Christ, the choice of clothing in IV was dismal. Apart from Perseus and one or two things in Modo, everything else was cack!

There was a lot of goofy stuff in San Andreas that made the game a lot of fun, but i still took the main storyline somewhat seriously, though both San Andreas and IV had both satisfying endings.
    Jester252 wrote: »
    God the cloths were the worst in GTA IV only 2 hats and both were sh1t

I went with the white trainers, the stonewashed jeans, and black blazer with open white shirt in most missions. One nice addition i can say for the clothing selection was the option to get Claudes outfit from GTAIII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There was a lot of goofy stuff in San Andreas that made the game a lot of fun, but i still took the main storyline somewhat seriously, though both San Andreas and IV had both satisfying endings.

I went with the white trainers, the stonewashed jeans, and black blazer with open white shirt in most missions. One nice addition i can say for the clothing selection was the option to get Claudes outfit from GTAIII

Yeah, I took the storyline seriously up until you started working for the FBI lad in the desert, then it just kinda lost me. It picks up again when yo get back to LS (or at least that's what it seems like from the videos I've watched)

The outfit you get from the Albanian biker from Gerry was good as well. I usually went with a black suit and open collar floral shirt with black shoes.

Other than that it was a pair of sneakers, jeans and one of the jackets from Modo. Really think they need to bring back more customisation of your character in V. MAybe not the fat and muscle meters which were constantly popping up, but definitely clothing wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Anyone know where you can pick the game up for Xbox ? (shop wise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Paramedic and firefighter could be rather annoying on such a large map. Add in that the Pay N' Spray won't repair them and I'd end up getting annoyed with having to constantly restart the missions.

Taxi should have stayed though. Never really cared for the bikes while modding the cars was the biggest waste of time ever. If the car gets damaged you're just going to take whatever is closest to you and then that's that money wasted. More garages/safehouses are needed though. Brucie owns a garage ffs, why couldn't he have set you up with something?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Paramedic and firefighter could be rather annoying on such a large map. Add in that the Pay N' Spray won't repair them and I'd end up getting annoyed with having to constantly restart the missions.

Taxi should have stayed though. Never really cared for the bikes while modding the cars was the biggest waste of time ever. If the car gets damaged you're just going to take whatever is closest to you and then that's that money wasted. More garages/safehouses are needed though. Brucie owns a garage ffs, why couldn't he have set you up with something?

Well modding the cars was just for fun really. I never actually took my modded cars any further than a few blocks from my safehouse. Was just nice to have some nice cars around.

Now I see the flash cars I've parked outside my safehouses as status symbols more than anything. I've Bryce's Infernus parked outside one of the houses in Algonguin and will probably never drive it again. It just looks cool parked there. :)

To be honest, I reckon Brucie was meant to be the equivelant of Transfender in SA, but it got cut or something. He rings you at one point and says he's going to hook you up with spinning rims and stuff like that so I reckon it was after that that the modding was meant to be available. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Have GTA Milan and we can get some right good fashion going! It's amazing how we discuss clothes so much in the GTA world without feeling gay lol but yeah, the "threads" in SA were better.

Have GTA Milan and we can get some right good fashion going! It's amazing how we discuss clothes so much in the GTA world without feeling gay lol but yeah, the "threads" in SA were better.

Ha!

I once was sitting playing SA and was in a clothes shop trying on different stuff. My sister walks in and goes: "Oooh your very own Barbie!" :pac:

I vaguely remember saying "IT'S NOT THE SAME!" but now that I think about it... it's the exact same! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Ha!

I once was sitting playing SA and was in a clothes shop trying on different stuff. My sister walks in and goes: "Oooh your very own Barbie!" :pac:

I vaguely remember saying "IT'S NOT THE SAME!" but now that I think about it... it's the exact same! :P

Hold on it a virtual action figure
    Get it right :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I think the health cheat repaired vehicles when you were in them

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Anyone know where you can pick the game up for Xbox ? (shop wise)

I couldn't find it in any bricks and mortars shops in dublin, and then I saw it on the Xbox Marketplace for 1200 points or something !!!
    Happy days !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

all in all when you go back and play SA its not that great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yes it is.

Graphics are nothing compared to now, but the game play is still great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

it's really hard to kill Denise. I put a C4 on he back and she still didn't die. Only way to kill her is to drive a car off the end of the boardwalk. Bid up speed and jump out right before the car goes off the edge

First time I played SA, I accidently shot her in the face whilst doing drive-bys with her int he car. Didn't realise that if I shot out of the passenger-side window the bullets would try to pass through her face.

Just read this thread through. Didn't realise there were people who hated the flying school. I thought it was one of the highlights of the game. That one where you had to circle the airfield was a bitch but once you'd mastered that you'd master flying and it made the rest of the game so much more rewarding than if they'd just given you the planes and let you get on with it.

I enjoyed the driving school as well although to this day I've never got gold on the final level of that. Could get silver fine, but would miss out on gold by a fraction of a second every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

:eek:

Get out!

Graphics are nothing compared to now, but the game play is still great.

Graphics never make a game great. Its the story which SA had

Jester252 wrote: »
    Graphics never make a game great. Its the story which SA had

But they do make it more enjoyable. What would you rather, shooting someone and them falling over with a red circle, or them going down realistically and spraying what actually looks like blood?

Not the be all, end all by any means, but they make it a lot more enjoyable.

But they do make it more enjoyable. What would you rather, shooting someone and them falling over with a red circle, or them going down realistically and spraying what actually looks like blood?

Not the be all, end all by any means, but they make it a lot more enjoyable.

I'd agree with you here. Graphics are important to an extent. They're even more important in a game like GTA, and are the reason why I'm reluctant in going back to SA or VC now, having gotten so used to IV graphics.

The GTA's have aged horribly IMO, and I reckon it's because they put more resources into the size of the map than the detail. Which is totally fine, but it makes them hard to replay for me.

Although, it could be down to the gameplay itself feeling too arcadey as opposed to now.

The graphics in GTA really used to pull me into the game. Now when I try to re-play any of the PS2 GTA games the graphics really take me out of the game. The GTA games are desperately in need of a well-done HD brush-up, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I still play it on my 360 and it's still the best GTA game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The graphics in GTA really used to pull me into the game. Now when I try to re-play any of the PS2 GTA games the graphics really take me out of the game. The GTA games are desperately in need of a well-done HD brush-up, IMO.

If they were to do a hd touch up, it could take a while.

They would be better off just making a new game.. Yeah..
    You hear me, Rockstar?! New game, please!

There's no reason why they couldn't do both. Rockstar North could outsource the conversion of the PS2 games to a third party studio, like others have done. Just make sure it's a studio who won't make a half-arsed job of it.

**** it, get them to do Bully at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Beefy78 wrote: »
    **** it, get them to do Bully at the same time.

Theres a strong rumor hinting that bully 2 is in the works.

I'm tempted to buy bully, what a game, that and San Andreas represent a big part of my childhood.

I'd agree with you here. Graphics are important to an extent. They're even more important in a game like GTA, and are the reason why I'm reluctant in going back to SA or VC now, having gotten so used to IV graphics.

The GTA's have aged horribly IMO, and I reckon it's because they put more resources into the size of the map than the detail. Which is totally fine, but it makes them hard to replay for me.

Although, it could be down to the gameplay itself feeling too arcadey as opposed to now.

I don't think that its the graphic that make it hard to switch from IV era to III era. It the gameplay. III was over the top while IV is very down to earth.
    Just look at the range of weapons you could use in the game as well as the vehicles you could use. I would still buy a III era remake as long as they fix the collision physics but I can still play it no problem. Thanks you Steam

CMpunked wrote: »
    Theres a strong rumor hinting that bully 2 is in the works.

Oh dear god please let this happen. :) There really aren't enough games set in schools IMO!
    I must try and get my hands on a copy for 360, I don't really like setting up my PS2 anymore, and achievements would be an added incentive to go back and play the thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Love Bully. One of my favoruite games ever. Have the 360 version. A second one would be the ****. :)

There really aren't enough games set in schools IMO!

That's probably because school massacres and shít are very sensitive topics over in america, no way would they let them sell games based in schools after the likes of the columbine high massacre and that. The only reason bully got away with it is because it's not a gory game, no deaths at the school or any of that, just imagine if gta featured schools....

Ah lads, a copy of Bully for 360 costs anywhere from 30quid used to 59quid new on the sites I've checked. Dang.
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That's probably because school massacres and shít are very sensitive topics over in america, no way would they let them sell games based in schools after the likes of the columbine high massacre and that. The only reason bully got away with it is because it's not a gory game, no deaths at the school or any of that, just imagine if gta featured schools....

I guess you're right. It's weird though that there haven't been too many Bully-clones... I mean, R* proved it could be done well.

And tbh, I thought part of Bully's charm was that there were no deaths, I'd be happy if there were more games like that. There's only so much mindless slaughter you can do in fairness! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah lads, a copy of Bully for 360 costs anywhere from 30quid used to 59quid new on the sites I've checked. Dang.

You can download it via Games on Demand for €19.99.

Advertisement