Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You can download it via Games on Demand for €19.99.

Not for another 2 months at least. Capped internet usage. :( which is coincidentally why I can't get SA for the Xbox...

All this talk has made me want to play both Bully and SA. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

You can get Bully on Xboxlive marketplace for about 15 quid.

Edit: super furry was there 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

Just bought a PS2 on eBay and GTA San Andreas, to relive the old days :o

Anyone else have the same idea or start playing it again recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Of course, bought it on the xbox live marketplace ages ago. Theres already a SA thread here though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

I know I only noticed it after I posted, sorry :o ..

Yeah just waiting on it to be delivered now and won't be got out of the house for a few days :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Of course, bought it on the xbox live marketplace ages ago. Theres already a SA thread here though. ;)
    You can buy San Andreas on the market place?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

yeah, i bought it about a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I got it for the Xbox on Wednesday. I have forgotten how addictive GTA is. I am in San Fierro already (well... I am using cheats but sssshhhh). I remember playing this game when I was younger. Aw. :') I love when RATM or Horse With No Name comes on.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I got it for the Xbox on Wednesday. I have forgotten how addictive GTA is. I am in Los Fierro already (well... I am using cheats but sssshhhh). I remember playing this game when I was younger. Aw. :') I love when RATM or Horse With No Name comes on.

SAN Fierro!

SAN!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm in the Badlands section now. Did the first six trucking missions, one of which brought me to San Fierro. Didn't think I was allowed go there (all the houses etc are red meaning I can't buy any of them) but didn't get a wanted level. Did the mission. Wandered around for a bit. Did the gym moves. Wandered around some more then randomly got a three star wanted level for literally nothing. Ended up getting killed. Went back and no wanted level again. Am I allowed be there for a certain amount of time before getting a wanted level or did something fcuk up?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm in the Badlands section now. Did the first six trucking missions, one of which brought me to San Fierro. Didn't think I was allowed go there (all the houses etc are red meaning I can't buy any of them) but didn't get a wanted level. Did the mission. Wandered around for a bit. Did the gym moves. Wandered around some more then randomly got a three star wanted level for literally nothing. Ended up getting killed. Went back and no wanted level again. Am I allowed be there for a certain amount of time before getting a wanted level or did something fcuk up?

I always thought SF was unlocked straight after the Green Sabre mission? But that you don't actually go there in story mode until "Are You Going to SF". I imagine it could have been a glitch or something, because it doesn't usually give a 3-star level for venturing into a restricted area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

if you stop at the flying lessons you miss the best part of the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I originally played San Andreas on a PC and the flying school part had me give up in frustration - way too difficult on a mouse and keyboard. I found it easy enough on the Xbox though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hey guys, I'm playing SA on my PC atm and am having a pretty woeful time with it dropping frames etc.

My specs are i5 2500k (at stock 3.3GHz), 8GB of RAM and 2 X AMD 6950 1GB's in Crossfire - so my hardware should be well up for the task. Running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I just have a very laggy experience overall (and it's crashed out several times). I also can't seem to get it to recognise my XBox controller properly and so I'm stuck having to use Mouse & Keyboard which just isn't as good as a controller for this sort of game I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Shiminay wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm playing SA on my PC atm and am having a pretty woeful time with it dropping frames etc.

My specs are i5 2500k (at stock 3.3GHz), 8GB of RAM and 2 X AMD 6950 1GB's in Crossfire - so my hardware should be well up for the task. Running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I just have a very laggy experience overall (and it's crashed out several times). I also can't seem to get it to recognise my XBox controller properly and so I'm stuck having to use Mouse & Keyboard which just isn't as good as a controller for this sort of game I think.

It wont recognize the Xbox controller because it wasn't out when the game was released, I don't think R* released any updates to support the newer controllers but they might be some fan made stuff you can try to get it to work

I'm playing it with a PS2 controller and adapter which works perfectly on W7 Ult, although I couldn't get the controller to work properly with VC or III, right stick for the camera was inverted so I had to play it on the PS2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's a pity. I might give something like Joy2Key a go and see how it works out.

Found an exe that removes the limits of your frame rate whilst gta_sa.exe is running. There was a very marginal improvement with my frame rate issues, but not much. More investigation required on that one methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Condon

Borrowed the ps2 and san andreas off a buddy last week. Been eager to play it again with ages. Flying through it at the moment, unlocked all sides of the maps so doing ok. It's still as good as I thought it was 7 years ago. Hoping the new one will be similar to this with improved graphics

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I'd do that if I had the money. Miss everything about it, even the sound effects on the pause menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Condon wrote: »
    Borrowed the ps2 and san andreas off a buddy last week. Been eager to play it again with ages. Flying through it at the moment, unlocked all sides of the maps so doing ok. It's still as good as I thought it was 7 years ago. Hoping the new one will be similar to this with improved graphics

I got it on the PS2 a while back and couldn't play it due to all those jagged edges. Ended up buying it on the Marketplace on XBL, just for the slightly better graphics. The only thing wrong is a bug where charred remains of cars flickr some times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I just re-played it on PC but it crashes at the end of the final credits every time, doesn't really matter but kinda annoying all the same.

Motherfcuker!

Started a new game and went tagging. Thought I got them all but nope, 99 out of 100 and I dont know which one I missed :(

I've been riding my luck (or am suddenly awesome :pac:) in my current game. Got Wrong Side of the Tracks on the third attempt, The Driving School on my first attempt, Ryder without even getting wet, even got Zero's first one, Air Raid after only three attempts. That never happens for me, they all usually take ages with Ryder being the quickest. Hopefully the luck holds as Flying School is up soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I'm stuck on one of the triads missions, toreno's last flight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

GTA San andreas was def teh best gta of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

GTA San Andreas is available to purchase on PSN :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

San andreas was my childhood game of choice along with vice city which i loved too... plenty a time i went on the hop to stay at home playing this when the mother went to work.

great memories :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Read through this thread yesterday and then went home and powered up the PS2 and put San Andreas back in. Loaded a save file from Jan 2006! :) I thought I'd played this game lots back in the day, but looking at the save file I loaded, while remembering all the controls, I saw that I was only at about 27% and had only just got to the Badlands. So I met Catalina last night and robbed the Oil Tanker. Looking forward to playing it again tonight! :)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Slowly making my way through this again, not sure why I found it as funny as I did, but I've just got the garage in San Fierro, and Kendls given the big spiel about how buying lots of property is the best way to make money.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

i love the mission before that where you have to burn all of Truths weed and drive his van to Fierro

Advertisement