Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you just accept

• 01-06-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

so went to the cinema earlier in mahon point in cork, i got my ticket a medium coke and pack of sweets, as the coke poured i noticed something odd that it seemed to change colors back and forth from clear to black, indicating to me that it wasnt 100% coca cola, but i said noting as its the same coke everyone else drinks there, but i found i couldn't finnish the drink in the film cause i got a weird taste at the back of my throat from it,

yet i still didnt bother complaining, anyone else just accept this crap,

mahon isnt my local cinema but it was showing a film i wanted to see,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I accept that marketing/advertising people have the average punter down to a tee. And fair play to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Trollsbury Trollington

i accept random waffle threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Coke from the cinema comes in a syrup and it's mixed with water and CO2 as it's dispensed. It's done like this in every cinema/McDonalds/any place that sells Coke from the machine.

Just saying....

don ramo wrote: »
    so went to the cinema earlier in mahon point in cork, i got my ticket a medium coke and pack of sweets, as the coke poured i noticed something odd that it seemed to change colors back and forth from clear to black, indicating to me that it wasnt 100% coca cola, but i said noting as its the same coke everyone else drinks there, but i found i couldn't finnish the drink in the film cause i got a weird taste at the back of my throat from it,

yet i still didnt bother complaining, anyone else just accept this crap,

mahon isnt my local cinema but it was showing a film i wanted to see,

That's just how it's done from those machines whether it's McDonalds, Subway, cinema, etc. They get the a block of gel and it's mixed in the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

dorgasm wrote: »
    Coke from the cinema comes in a syrup and it's mixed with water and CO2 as it's dispensed. It's done like this in every cinema/McDonalds/any place that sells Coke from the machine.

Just saying....
    so why couldnt i drink this one, ive had coke from all those places down the years,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Shite water!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I reluctantly accept that life is finite & coke quality isn't really that important in the long run...death & taxes & all that fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

don ramo wrote: »
    so why couldnt i drink this one, ive had coke from all those places down the years,

As you already had it in your head that the coke was off. Mind over matter and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Occasionally there will be **** stainz on the jacks in work.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I just accept cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm terrible in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

"Prices will rise
    Politicians will philander
    And you too will get old"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

That someone took the cookie from the cookie jar and it isn't coming back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i accept that no matter how i try, ill just never get over how much ****e music and movies are out... actually... how **** the world is atm... no culture, no craic, just muppets

EVERYWHERE

* looks in the mirror *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I accept no substitutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blackben

I accept no substitutes.

Hi, I'm new here. Is this boards a conversational thing or is it just random individuality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm terrible in bed.
    I'm class, usually takes me 2 minutes to nod off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

What happened there was the machine was running out of either the co2 or the syrup- the person serving you should have changed it but either didn't want to risk u going off about having to wait or couldn't be arsed.
    It was probably the co2 as by the end of the tank it has this strong taste and it's usually just flat water by then. Let spring water go flat and you'll taste the same thing.
    If it happens again you have a right to go back and ask for another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I'm a boring, middle of the road person. What I can't accept is the reaction I got in the McDonald's baby changing facilities thread. I'm positive I'm not a closet antagonist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

The Wire is finished and its never coming back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

planck's constant. I just accept that its right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I just accept terms and conditions. Dont read em, just accept em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

gravity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

blackben wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new here. Is this boards a conversational thing or is it just random individuality?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

That some times people just gotta do right bye them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

gravity

I have accepted that gravity affects me more than anyone else on the planet, making me appear overweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

dermiek wrote: »
    I have accepted that gravity affects me more than anyone else on the planet, making me appear overweight.
    Gravity or gravy? :pac:

Sorry, someone had to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Occasionally there will be **** stainz on the jacks in work.

Needed to let off some anger & frustration, ya must have noticed I came back to the desk a lot more relaxed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Needed to let off some anger & frustration, ya must have noticed I came back to the desk a lot more relaxed

i did but you didn't have to smear the walls with you're body chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

I don't like humans and I accept that I will never be like one of those always happy, bubbly people, with loads of friends and up-to-date facebook account.

People hijacking thereads like this with scatalogical references.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

That I live in a conservative country.

That people will cross an ocean to go to war but wouldn't cross the street to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I accept the little things.
    Pick your battles - you don't want to be one of those people constantly complaining.
    But you do have to stand up for what you believe when it is important to you.

Like when the person in the shop tells you you have to spend over €5 to use your card.
    "It won't go through unless it's over €5" - I call shananigans.
    Fcuk you and your stupid rules. Grrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

guppy wrote: »
    I'm a boring, middle of the road person. What I can't accept is the reaction I got in the McDonald's baby changing facilities thread. I'm positive I'm not a closet antagonist.

* goes to check aforementioned thread *

:D

• Advertisement

IrishAm wrote: »
    As you already had it in your head that the coke was off. Mind over matter and all that.

I heard from a buddy who used to work in McDonalds that they used to have trouble getting the syrup/fizzy ratio water right. Mont places, especially subway dont have it spot on. If it is done right, its almost impossible to tell the difference between that and the stuff in a bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

E=mc2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

That I'll never find a girl who finds the prospect of sucking whiskey off my erect dick appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I accept I'm not going to survive life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

The majority of Irish sports fans are idiots. No point arguing with them so better to try your best to ignore them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

People are stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

That I'll never find a girl who finds the prospect of sucking whiskey off my erect dick appealing.

Is it something to do with your erectus dickus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I accept (reluctantly) that my bum doesn't look good in white jeans anymore.

I accept that it is silly to cry about it, but I just can't stop crying!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I accept (reluctantly) that my bum doesn't look good in white jeans anymore.

I accept that it is silly to cry about it, but I just can't stop crying!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Very few bums look good in white jeans. Trust me on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

if its in the game,its in the game

White jeans not recommended particularly if prone to skid marks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Whatever the doctor says

There's snots on the walls of public toilets

Waiting in long queues of traffic. All. the. fukcing. time.... and not doing anything about it long term (be it new job, petitioning local authority for improvements etc)

The shít-gatherer drawer in the kitchen is impossible to sort out

Drip-fed bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

gravity

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Butter Vouchers

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Try it with her favourite tipple instead, whisky is an acquired taste;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement