Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Button Prob

• 01-06-2012 2:48am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Noticed today on my IP4 that the home button has become very tough to use. like its stuck or has become very stiff. Takes about of effort to press it now and I aint happy about it. Just wondering what I can do, is it easily fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Used to happen to mine after my 4 yr old playing with it. I used to go crazy tapping on it and rubbing it in circular motions to free it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If it's still under warranty, send it back to Apple and they'll replace it. Otherwise, I'd really recommend just getting it repaired. Either order the parts yourself, or choose from one of the providers that knock about this place.

I spent months in pure frustration that I couldn't use the button properly! Felt like a brand new phone when I got it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

As I know it will be mentioned.
    DO NOT do the wd40 fix
    Why http://www.imore.com/2012/02/06/put-wd40-foreign-substance-iphone-ipad/
    Your best off replacing the button, it's the plastic dimple worn off the button flex causing your problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Think its just out of warrenty, will check shortly. Shouldnt be too hard to replace the button I'd imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Yakult wrote: »
    Think its just out of warrenty, will check shortly. Shouldnt be too hard to replace the button I'd imagine?
    There's a bit involved, but if you're handy, you should be fine. As usual, there are plenty of "how to" guides on t'internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

You can try to recalibrate.
    Open a factory app , contacts, clock etc.
    Press and hold power button till slider to power off comes up. Then release power button and press and hold home button until slide to power off disappears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

failing that, if you're on 5.0 or later, settings>general>accessability>assistive touch for a software home button on the screen while you're waiting to fix it.

Advertisement