Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed computer science module in second year Arts !!

Options
  • 01-06-2012 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi ,
    I think that I may have failed a computer science module in Second year arts (the module is worth 5 credits) , I have a result of 85% in my other computer science module. Would I pass by compensation ?? :confused:

Also, does the department automatically register you to repeat in august ???

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If its just one module roughly around 30 percentile you probably pass with compensation if you have gotten 85% in your other modules. They be able to compensate you as far as I know.

I'm not sure about that. You need to get in contact with the examinations office to see what the story is. I don't think you be automatically put down for repeat in august they might ring or post a letter or email you in that regards to confirm if you wish to repeat but you be best to contact the examinations office in that case. You might be ok you might just have passed!

Try not to worry about it too much. If there was a high failure or close to high failure rate in the module then the class have to be marked fairly and try to pass ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yeah you'd be automatically registered for the autumn exam, you get an email about timetables etc. around July iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MarthaFilip

Thank you Doovdela

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MarthaFilip

Thanks Confusticated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Hey im a secondary school student in transition year and im quite worried what course i will end up after finished high school
    I will be doing these subjects for ty:
    Physics
    Business Studies
    Geography
    Lcvp
    H. Maths
    H. Eng
    H. Irish

From the first 3 do you think i can keep my options open for my careers after high school?
    I want a job in the computer industry not manufacturing but similier like programming and computer science.

What other good payed jobs involve the first three subjects? :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement