Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the comparative

• 01-06-2012 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

These are probably both really obvious but I just want to make sure..

When asked to talk about "at least two texts"
    Does the answer have to include the two texts instead of one text and one film?

Do you need to talk about all three at some point to do well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

These are probably both really obvious but I just want to make sure..

When asked to talk about "at least two texts"
    Does the answer have to include the two texts instead of one text and one film?

Do you need to talk about all three at some point to do well?

For my answers I refer to them all as"texts". I do mention of course that Casablana is a visual art, but I call it one of my texts. When it asks for at least two texts then that can be two novels or your novel and a film.

You're a lot better off talking about three. If you only discuss two, they might think you haven't actually done the third. Three is definitely a safe bet, I don't even think I could write bough about two.

Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yeah, apparently when it says "at least two" it means "two or three, but if you talk about two you're not getting full marks" :rolleyes: Bit misleading! I've done it with just 2 before because my texts fit nicely but I wouldnt chance it in the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BellaVerita

That helps a lot, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

hey just ;eaving you know i have a lot of very good links for stuff on the comparative in my thread its definetly worth a look! :)

COmparative!!

Advertisement