Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Question - Credit Card Statements

Options
  • 01-06-2012 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Ten ( and 13 ) years ago when I lodged mortgage applications the question about credit cards was
    1- do you have one
    2 - how much is owed on it on average.

The OH's has about 2.5k on it. I have a 2.5k payout coming mid July which I will use to pay it off ( at which stage the scissors will come out). I also have enough on deposit to pay it off now if really needed to, although would prefer to just leave that where it is for now. But if the banks are asking to see a few month Credit Card statements I would pay it off now so I have 2/3 months at 0 balance when I go to them.

Does anyone who has recent experiences know whether they require you to furnish them with statements now. Or do they take you word, or can they access this data somehow themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Threy may well ask for them (and they would most likely show up when they do a check with the ICB anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

I presume that you wouldn't be approaching the same bank as issued the credit card.

Banks are generally looking for two or three credit card statements with a mortgage application, but the fact that your OH had a balance which was later cleared isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, your ability to clear down a balance of €2,500 out of your own resources could be presented as a positive thing.

Advertisement