Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gym harolds cross village

Options
  • 01-06-2012 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when it's due to open and who is running it?
    It's just in the village across from centra, used to be a car showroom I think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

in the old harols engineering building? first ive heard of it but its good news. harolds cross needs business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

in the old harols engineering building? first ive heard of it but its good news. harolds cross needs business

ya thats it they had a sign up on it saying a new 10,000 SQF GYM is opening soon

anyone else know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭leinster_fan

did you ever find anything out about this?
    I've just moved to the area, so a gym here would be ideal. There doesn't seem to be much happening in the building tho...

:confused:

Not really. There seems to be some work going on think it's going into the warehouse at the back of it. It should only take a couple of months to finish it

• Advertisement

passed by today, looks like there is a lot of work to be done. it will be big though. harold engineering was a big plant but when it closed the heart of the village died

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BrahJamie

Apparently the gym is to open in 3-4 weeks and these guys are opening it http://www.supplementsdublin.ie/

says more info to come about it.

BrahJamie wrote: »
    Apparently the gym is to open in 3-4 weeks and these guys are opening it http://www.supplementsdublin.ie/

says more info to come about it.

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said 1st/2nd week in September and it will be €199 and they are doing classes.

its open next week afaik

irishguy wrote: »
    I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said 1st/2nd week in September and it will be €199 and they are doing classes.

is the gym just for classes or can u go in an do ur own thing?

• Advertisement

its open next week afaik

The front on Harold's cross road is an empty shell. So I don't see how it could be.

No it's a full gym

irishguy wrote: »
    The front on Harold's cross road is an empty shell. So I don't see how it could be.

No it's a full gym

Nice brah. Im up in the carlisle and its a serious walk from harolds cross

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciamcon

Its states 10,000 square feet!! Is this true? Raw is only 6,000 sf. I had a look and it doesnt seem that big. Also how can they set this up in 2 or so weeks with no sign of equipment what so ever.

ciamcon wrote: »
    Its states 10,000 square feet!! Is this true? Raw is only 6,000 sf. I had a look and it doesnt seem that big. Also how can they set this up in 2 or so weeks with no sign of equipment what so ever.

There are a number of warehouses at the back so there would be space alright. Looks like they havent done anything so I dont see how its going to open anytime soon

alright I checked on google maps and saw Harold Engineering's old building (around the back lane) and seems pretty big. I literally live around the corner so I'll have a peak later and see if there is any progress. Would love this to be up and running pretty soon and give it a go

is it the whole harold engineering building?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

some1 tell us more information... is it as good as RAW?

It looks like the whole Harold engineering building out the back I tried getting a better look but there was painters painting the hallway. But if it is 10,000 sqf then that is almost double the size of Raw which is very promising- there is a sign on the window now with an email yourfitness.ie@gmail.com,( I could be wrong though I'll double check this evening)

It looks like the whole Harold engineering building out the back I tried getting a better look but there was painters painting the hallway. But if it is 10,000 sqf then that is almost double the size of Raw which is very promising- there is a sign on the window now with an email yourfitness.ie@gmail.com,( I could be wrong though I'll double check this evening)

il send an email see what they say

• Advertisement

declan_man wrote: »

i dont think that i it :confused:

Sorry the sign on the window says yourfitnessgym@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Sorry the sign on the window says yourfitnessgym@gmail.com

I emailed them this morning and they came back to say it's opening in 3 weeks, they will be doing specials for the first month €199 membership for the year.

This is their website www.yourfitnessgym.ie

will this be the biggest gym in dublin? how do you recon the free weights will compare to RAW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

declan_man wrote: »
    will this be the biggest gym in dublin? how do you recon the free weights will compare to RAW?

Not sure on it being the biggest but I'd imagine it would have to have an impressive free weights area, just to take up some room if nothing else!

I emailed them today in anyway looking for some basic info in regards to weights and that. If they get back to me I'll let you know.

Danye wrote: »
    Not sure on it being the biggest but I'd imagine it would have to have an impressive free weights area, just to take up some room if nothing else!

I emailed them today in anyway looking for some basic info in regards to weights and that. If they get back to me I'll let you know.

Please post there response bro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

BrahJamie wrote: »
    Please post there response bro :)

Will do. Nothing as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is going to be a pool in this new gym??? (Knowing my luck, not!)

any word on the opening yet?

• Advertisement

got a email ther saturday said 3 weeks so..October

Advertisement