Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gym harolds cross village

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

declan_man wrote: »
    got a email ther saturday said 3 weeks so..October

Really? I sent an email as well and got no reply. Did they give you any information other than when it's opening? Facilities etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BrahJamie

Danye wrote: »
    Really? I sent an email as well and got no reply. Did they give you any information other than when it's opening? Facilities etc?

this. any word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

On 2012-09-04 12:40, Dec wrote:
    > This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.supplementsdublin.ie/ from:
    > Dec <myemail@hotmail.com>
    >
    > Hey, I'm moving to Dublin the 10th of Sept, looking to join a gym
    > around that time. Just wondering what date your gym is open?
    >
    > Regards Dec.
    Dec,

Gym opening in about 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Manager

bobcena wrote: »
    <Snip> Spamming of businesses isn't allowed here

Super news Bob! I sent you an email and got no reply so I was beginning to think this venture was a no go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ciamcon

good man Bob looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Any word on this? Is it open now? Moving to Harold's cross soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Email recieved this morning

"Gym will open in about 2 weeks,it will no swiming pool its more guys gym ,lots of free wheighs ,machines...
    Wo gona do special offer so 1 year membership gona be 199e "

Cant go wrong for 199 a year in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

199 is very good. Might have to give the place a look. My membership is up at end of October from Raw.... I'd still hate to leave there though, really enjoy training there.
    But 199......

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sleepingghost

These guy seem to have a new offer - €150 if you sign up before the end of October.

The offer is available on the website here and in the shop in Rathmines.

http://www.supplementsdublin.ie/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=755&category_id=62&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I'm a bit worried about handing over cash before the gym even opens. My business nose is telling me these guy are having trouble raising cash to open the gym, and are therefore looking for a few early members to help finance the opening. The opening has been delayed for month now with not much movement. I'm not quite sure if its worth the risk, or if the Gym will even be around in 12 months.

It's definitely a great offer though. Has anyone else signed up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

These guy seem to have a new offer - €150 if you sign up before the end of October.

http://www.supplementsdublin.ie/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=755&category_id=62&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I'm a bit worried about handing over cash before the gym even opens. My business nose is telling me these guy are having trouble raising cash to open the gym, and are therefore looking for a few early members to help finance the opening. The opening has been delayed for month now with not much movement. I'm not quite sure if its worth the risk, or if the Gym will even be around in 12 months.

Id be interested in joining too, but they seem to keep putting off the opening date for a bit, so either they are really poor at management or they having cash problems. I wouldn't be handing anything over till they open up (even then I would be paying on credit card as your protected), if its half decent I cant see them not making money and staying open.

irishguy wrote: »
    Id be interested in joining too, but they seem to keep putting off the opening date for a bit, so either they are really poor at management or they having cash problems. I wouldn't be handing anything over till they open up (even then I would be paying on credit card as your protected), if its half decent I cant see them not making money and staying open.

Agree with both posts. I have contacted them via email with no return even though they seemed to have replied to other people.

A very good and sensible maths teacher told me once, If something seems to good to be true it usually is.

Agree with both posts. I have contacted them via email with no return even though they seemed to have replied to other people.

A very good and sensible maths teacher told me once, If something seems to good to be true it usually is.

I wouldnt say its too good to be true Ben Dunne has a few GYM's which charge 199. I hope it does work out, but the need to get the finger out a open when they say and respond to customers

irishguy wrote: »
    I wouldnt say its too good to be true Ben Dunne has a few GYM's which charge 199. I hope it does work out, but the need to get the finger out a open when they say and respond to customers

I don't think you could compare Ben Dunne and his chain of gyms with what seems like a person who owns a supplement store opening their own independent gym.

I hope it works out too. Exactly, this is another reason why I would be cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BrahJamie

Id love them to just put up a few photos or something.

There is definitely something going on here, the guy who responded to the thread on behalf of the gym deleted his post. There was nothing bad in it just the dates of opening and the price, this all seems to have gone pear shaped but I am hoping they get their act together and open up shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I think it was removed by a mod rather than him deleting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It was deleted and he was banned. Signing up to promote your business is a major no-no on Boards.

In fairness though, did he not only post in a thread that was already talking about his buiness?

Unless he was spamming other boards, I don't see what the problem was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Them be the rules I'm afraid. If people want to talk about their business they must get a verified representative account. I'm not discussing this further, so back on topic please.

• Advertisement

If anyone hears anything on opening dates, stick a post up. Not getting emails back but like people are saying, not going to fork over money for something that isn't there.

he has the website up and running now
    yourfitnessgym.ie

Has anybody passed or been near the proposed new gym? Is there any sign of work ongoing or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Website has little if any information and no photos of the gym etc
    Looks like it was a 2 min job to highlight the new price
    Great value but id prefer to pay the extra 50 when i see the place actually open, too big a risk nothing ever opens there at this stage

Has anybody passed or been near the proposed new gym? Is there any sign of work ongoing or anything?

its in a warehouse at the back of the black apple cafe, there are no windows on the road so you cant see in. There is no sign outside either. They aren't doing the best job promoting the place.

He came on here and posted some info earlier but they've been deleted again.

Says the delay is because they are waiting for equipment from China and Russia. Says it should be open before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Clanket wrote: »
    He came on here and posted some info earlier but they've been deleted again.

Says the delay is because they are waiting for equipment from China and Russia. Says it should be open before the end of the month.

If I did decide to purchase membership, is there a chance I could get money back if it didn't open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

They replied to an email I sent awhile ago saying it should be open next week, it's €150 for the year and includes classes. They have 3 large sets of free weights, other weight machines, cardio machines, treadmills, boxing bags, 1000sq feet of free space, showers, changing rooms and lockers, plus rooms for classes.

I will wait until it opens so I can take a look before paying up.

Galadriel wrote: »
    I will wait until it opens so I can take a look before paying up.

Agreed, for the sake of 50 quid, i'd prefer to have piece of mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Does anyone know if there will be parking from what I can see at the moment there is just a few spaces to the front of the building.

Advertisement