Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gym harolds cross village

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 raycre

The pics are all for leverage type exercises and this pay up by November to get a discount isnt good as you are paying blind... if it costs 200e then I will just renew at my old gym which is 245e for 15months and only up the road near the KCR..... I will wait tho till November and have a look at this place.. I hope it will be good and have lots of Equipment and free weights and not just leverage type equip. 150e should be the going rate all the time if he wants to build the business ....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BrahJamie

open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

No word back from a mail i sent over a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

PauloConn wrote: »
    No word back from a mail i sent over a week ago

Last week I got a reply from an email I sent on the 5th of September.

They said it should be open this week, but they can't be certain.

The longer this goes on, the less enthusiastic I am about it to be honest.

The lack of communication would also slightly put me off. I think if they're not open by the end of the month I shall be looking else where.

Danye wrote: »
    Last week I got a reply from an email I sent on the 5th of September.

They said it should be open this week, but they can't be certain.

The longer this goes on, the less enthusiastic I am about it to be honest.

The lack of communication would also slightly put me off. I think if they're not open by the end of the month I shall be looking else where.

I know someone who rang the muscle shop today and they said it will be open no later than friday :)

• Advertisement

BrahJamie wrote: »
    I know someone who rang the muscle shop today and they said it will be open no later than friday :)

I was actually passing by last night and I pulled in to have a look. Doesn't seem to be a lot going on work wise and it's pretty much just a shell.

Call me a cynic but I can't see it opening Friday. Also if it is, they should publicise it a bit more. You had to ring them to find out when it was opening.

If I was running a business I would be letting the people know when it was opening and the progress with the gym etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Feck that I'm joining Carlisle

Reckon i'll renew with Raw, sure i know where everything is in there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

If the owner of the muscleshop is reading this, it would be nice if those crass Simpsons images were removed from outside the store in Rathmines. They are a real eyesore and pretty distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

statss wrote: »
    If the owner of the muscleshop is reading this, it would be nice if those crass Simpsons images were removed from outside the store in Rathmines. They are a real eyesore and pretty distasteful.

Agreed. Bart is supposed to be ten years old, seeing him ripped like that is just weird.

• Advertisement

I swear I'm not obsessed :P But I just seen this reply on the Supplements page to a guy asking for info. Here's what they said,

"Hey there , we have all the equipment , it's all ready to go . we should open this week . the only thing left to get now as we can't open without it is the rubber mats for the floor . we're looking for some now . as soon as we get them we'll open . we strongly hope it will open this week . and we're doing our best to open this week . we'll let you know the exact date"

If this is true, the gym must not be in the front of the building facing the street. Nothing has happened there.

Only looking for rubber mats now as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I swear I'm not obsessed :P But I just seen this reply on the Supplements page to a guy asking for info. Here's what they said,

"Hey there , we have all the equipment , it's all ready to go . we should open this week . the only thing left to get now as we can't open without it is the rubber mats for the floor . we're looking for some now . as soon as we get them we'll open . we strongly hope it will open this week . and we're doing our best to open this week . we'll let you know the exact date"

If this is true, the gym must not be in the front of the building facing the street. Nothing has happened there.

Only looking for rubber mats now as well?

Walked passed tonight and there was a couple of lads doing work there. They said they hope for it to be open next week, but the place is a shell it doesn't look anyway ready. Couldn't see any equipment there at all, there isn't even a sign outside. It looks like the place is going to to be a bare warehouse with some equipment thrown in there

irishguy wrote: »
    Walked passed tonight and there was a couple of lads doing work there. They said they hope for it to be open next week, but the place is a shell it doesn't look anyway ready. Couldn't see any equipment there at all, there isn't even a sign outside. It looks like the place is going to to be a bare warehouse with some equipment thrown in there

Is it going to be like Raw, where you walk thorugh that building and into the main place out the back? Think it is as that'd be the smallest 10,000 sq feet i've ever seen..... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

PauloConn wrote: »
    Is it going to be like Raw, where you walk thorugh that building and into the main place out the back? Think it is as that'd be the smallest 10,000 sq feet i've ever seen..... ever.

There is a sign on the front window offering retail space. I'm sure the gym is in a completely different unit, most likely around the back.

statss wrote: »
    Agreed. Bart is supposed to be ten years old, seeing him ripped like that is just weird.

Would it not be better to actually go into the shop and let them know, or even send them a direct email?:confused:

In anyway, I think I'm going to give this gym a miss when I get back from injury.

It was supposed to open so many different times, then it was the end of the week at the latest and now it's back to next week. The lack of communication about the gym also isn't a really good sign IMO.

No matter how cheap it is, I feel it could be a waste of money as there is a chance the gym might not even take off as it's in between two established gyms with Raw and Carlisle. The lack of information would also be a worry and it could be the type of place which could open whenever it wants and not be reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Whereabouts in Harold Cross Village is it proposed to go? In relation to the Crossbar, is it the building to its side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Harold Cross Village is it proposed to go? In relation to the Crossbar, is it the building to its side?

its where harold engineering used to be, on the other corner opposite storage solutions.
    the crossbar itself closed [again] a couple of weeks ago and will be open again soon under a new name

its where harold engineering used to be, on the other corner opposite storage solutions.
    the crossbar itself closed [again] a couple of weeks ago and will be open again soon under a new name

It's actually behind that (not on Harold's cross road) in a Harold engineering warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciamcon

this is starting to become a joke -
    Is this the 'genius' marketing of the silent treatment builds interest?
    If they could even spend a few minutes at the end of the day to reply to peoples emails.
    I cannot really see this place doing well as a business if they cant reply to some simply questions from their potential customers.
    Was outside during the week and it still looks like an abandoned building to me

its open tomo

• Advertisement

its open tomo

Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?

its actuallyopen tomo and on there facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciamcon

Joined yesterday and went today. They did a good job on it. Gyms class. Recommended

Just had a look today and they did a good job alright. Still waiting on stuff to be delivered but I'd say in a month it should be decent. They only have free weights there at the moment cardio equiptment in 2 weeks. They are planning to have spinning, kettle bells + a few other classes in a couple of weeks. Sauna, tanning salon, supplements shop.

Best of luck to the guys hope they do well.

Just had a look today and they did a good job alright. Still waiting on stuff to be delivered but I'd say in a month it should be decent. They only have free weights there at the moment cardio equiptment in 2 weeks. They are planning to have spinning, kettle bells + a few other classes in a couple of weeks. Sauna, tanning salon, supplements shop.

where are they putting the sauna, tanning salon, supplements shop?In the same building as the gym?

Joined yesterday and went today. They did a good job on it. Gyms class. Recommended

Is it as big as they say? Many squat racks, plates and bars? Any bumper plates?

Also, any pics?

It's quite big alright, but they don't have all of it open yet. Until they get the rest of the equipment delivered. They have the places on Harold's cross road too, so I'd say the shops will go in there they an a good bit of gear there, but I'd say within the next 2 weeks they should have a good bit more. Your best bit is to call in they are open 7-10 Monday to Friday and 10-6 sat/sun.

They were saying its €199 for 1 and €150 each for 2 and possibly even cheaper for more, but they haven't finalised it yet. If thier plans come together its worh the money. The showers are just one big shower room in the men's too, so it's a bit more of a traditional gym shower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sleepingghost

I had a quick look on Sunday evening and I was impressed with the setup. It is a nice big space, but there was no cardio equipment yet.

Edit: I signed up on Tuesday evening. Now I just need to get myself motivated to work out. Hopefully the cardio equipment comes soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

I had a look today! The building is very well done-up, reception area exceptional(like a hotel). The weight area about 6000 sq feet like RAW looks awesome!! it includes a gymnastics area (mats rings and all) guy said mma training maybe crossfit classes.. The cardio room is not complete but should be just as good i expect. The changing rooms are at the other side of the weight area which means you have to walk to the other side of the gym, which is a good idea. This means if someone stole your bag you will see them walk by you... they also have very good lockers (you need a padlock for did i mention). Everything in the place is new! owner guy friendly easy going cant say anything bad so far. In contrast to RAW its just like it except not complete fully and new with a few extras like "Sauna(coming), tanning salon(rathmines i think), supplements shop(in rathmines already)" which apparently will come soon. I see they have other units on harolds cross road right across from centra being finished painters in there today i noticed. They are keen to have all complete before advertising for members with newspapers like metro etc but are obviously keen to spread the word as best they can atm

Advertisement