Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gym harolds cross village

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

declan_man wrote: »
    I had a look today! The building is very well done-up, reception area exceptional(like a hotel). The weight area about 6000 sq feet like RAW looks awesome!! it includes a gymnastics area (mats rings and all) guy said mma training maybe crossfit classes.. The cardio room is not complete but should be just as good i expect. The changing rooms are at the other side of the weight area which means you have to walk to the other side of the gym, which is a good idea. This means if someone stole your bag you will see them walk by you... they also have very good lockers (you need a padlock for did i mention). Everything in the place is new! owner guy friendly easy going cant say anything bad so far. In contrast to RAW its just like it except not complete fully and new with a few extras like "Sauna(coming), tanning salon(rathmines i think), supplements shop(in rathmines already)" which apparently will come soon. I see they have other units on harolds cross road right across from centra being finished painters in there today i noticed. They are keen to have all complete before advertising for members with newspapers like metro etc but are obviously keen to spread the word as best they can atm

Yeah I must say I was pleaseantly impressed with the gym. Everything is brand new in the place, and it looks really well. Could do with a few more squat racks, bars and bumber plates but for what your paying for it's a bargain at the price it is.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Joined today, excellent gym. LOADS of benches and machines so I can't imagine anyone will have to wait around for equipment. The set up is really cool. Has jiu jitsu mats, boxing bag, spinning room, so much equipment. Cardio stuff coming soon and they are still waiting on clips for the benches but other than that its perfect. So much space, its like Raw except equipment is of much higher quality in my opinion.

Really liking the place, definitely recommended.
    oh and by the way, its not the shop front its actually at the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BrahJamie

Higher wrote: »
    Joined today, excellent gym. LOADS of benches and machines so I can't imagine anyone will have to wait around for equipment. The set up is really cool. Has jiu jitsu mats, boxing bag, spinning room, so much equipment. Cardio stuff coming soon and they are still waiting on clips for the benches but other than that its perfect. So much space, its like Raw except equipment is of much higher quality in my opinion.

Really liking the place, definitely recommended.
    oh and by the way, its not the shop front its actually at the back!

Clips apparently arriving today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Is there any parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Dubdude wrote: »
    Is there any parking?

Not really its quite limited. You can park at the church in Harolds cross, its close enough and quite cheap. You can also park on Harolds cross road after 7pm and sundays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Christ that's definitely the end of that for me.

Are they not a bit short sighted not having a car park. Effectively they're limiting their possible members to those who live within a couple of square miles of the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Counts me out too no point in getting cheap membership and then having to fork out nearly a fiver every time you go

Eh theres loads of parking?

Front building has 5 spaces, then the back building where the gym is has around 10 at the front and then when the side gate is open theres another 10 spaces.

I'd say at least 25 spaces altogether by my estimate???

irishguy wrote: »
    Not really its quite limited. You can park at the church in Harolds cross, its close enough and quite cheap. You can also park on Harolds cross road after 7pm and sundays

Bit O/T but...
    after 7 in bus lanes every day. Across Dublin by the way!

I've no idea why so many people think you can only park in bus lanes on sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Great news, pity this wasn't around when I lived there, would have been so handy, I used to have to head into Camden Street/Aungier Street way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Higher wrote: »
    Bit O/T but...
    after 7 in bus lanes every day. Across Dublin by the way!

I've no idea why so many people think you can only park in bus lanes on sundays.

That's what irishguy said, after 7pm and Sundays.
    irishguy wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

plenty of car spaces...check it out! trust me worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

car parking at the credit union too

Clanket wrote: »
    Christ that's definitely the end of that for me.

Are they not a bit short sighted not having a car park. Effectively they're limiting their possible members to those who live within a couple of square miles of the gym.
    Dubdude wrote: »
    Counts me out too no point in getting cheap membership and then having to fork out nearly a fiver every time you go

The likes of Raw have very limited if any designated car spaces and that seems to be doing well?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BrahJamie

whens de cardio comin?

BrahJamie wrote: »
    whens de cardio comin?

Are you not a member of the gym???

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

Looking for anyone interested in joining together next week to get the discounted rate

Yeah if anybody would like to meet up to join and avail of the discounted rate let me know via PM.

Cheers

Danye and myself are looking for a third (or fourth) person to join up with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I'm going to wait until the cardio equipment is in before I go up and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Dayne / Cottonmouth, I'd defo be interested in joining as well. Need till end of week though if thats good with you?
    PM me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DanMeijer

I'd be up for joining with a few people to get a discount. Looking to join either tomorrow or Wednesday. If anyones interested in joining with me give me a text. my number is 0877404669. Cheers

DanMeijer
    PauloConn
    Danye

See you there this evening. 120 each.

DanMeijer
    PauloConn
    Danye

See you there this evening. 120 each.

See you there at 6-6.15?
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 woody90

Hi I would be interested in signing up with a few people as well. If anybody is interested pm me. Thanks

Hoping to get up tomorrow for my first session in the new place. Can't wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

cardio is there now! looks mint

declan_man wrote: »
    cardio is there now! looks mint

Where do they have it located? In one of the rooms or on the main floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Danye wrote: »

Where do they have it located? In one of the rooms or on the main floor?

How does the place compare to the gym in ranelagh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

just saw the pics of the gym, looks very good. I was a member at raw for 4 years and really liked it but now training at the basement gym these days

Advertisement