Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gym harolds cross village

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Danye wrote: »
    Where do they have it located? In one of the rooms or on the main floor?

The threadmills are on the main floor to the right as you walk into the hall. There were 2 spin bikes in the small room that looks into reception.
    Got in for early session this morning and had the place to myself. May as well enjoy it for now, reckon it'll change.
    Just needs to get a bike rack outside and some KB's

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Silkey212

Well, I'd be interested in joining up with a few people to get the reduced gym price. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daved6w

i would also like to take advantage of the discount rate if you join in a group. available to go down and join any evening

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

irishguy wrote: »

Not really its quite limited. You can park at the church in Harolds cross, its close enough and quite cheap

But be careful clamper in that place and I DEFO know that they will be around a lot more now that this gym has opened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

How's the gym working out for the lads who already joined?

Does anybody know if there is secure bike racks or even somewhere to lock the bikes up inside, as i'm just about the right distance to get to and from the gym.

• Advertisement

I'm currently locking mine to the pole outside as get in fairly early in the morning. Nothing else yet and not sure if they're keeping bikes indoors yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wheelo007

Clanket wrote: »
    Christ that's definitely the end of that for me.

Are they not a bit short sighted not having a car park. Effectively they're limiting their possible members to those who live within a couple of square miles of the gym.

Unfortunately, there's been a long-standing issue with the laneway up the side which is technically privately owned and has stopped development of a large car-park for about 7 years. There were originally bigger plans for the site which fell through as result, so the current setup is a blessing. Hopefully, along with other planned developments to go in around the gym, it should liven up the area again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

For anybody who has joined, what do you make of the gym so far?

I would love to know where they got 10,000 square feet from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Do they have bench press machines or is it all free weights??

billy2012 wrote: »
    Do they have bench press machines or is it all free weights??

What do you mean by a bench press machine?

They have got two smith machines that you can use with a bench if that's any use to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

What do you mean by a bench press machine?

They have got two smith machines that you can use with a bench if that's any use to you?

Bench press machine lol!! Yes thats exactly what im after. How you finding the gym? Is it busy before 12?

Im also looking at joining in the next week or so if anybody would like to try and avail of any discounts and join up together. I think I have 1 other party interested.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Bench press machine lol!! Yes thats exactly what im after. How you finding the gym? Is it busy before 12?

Im also looking at joining in the next week or so if anybody would like to try and avail of any discounts and join up together. I think I have 1 other party interested.

Yeah the gym is okay. I'll see how it develops after a while as it's only in it's infancy.

Plates and dumbbells can be scattered every where which can take a while to find. One of the smith machines is a bit stiff when your trying to re hook it.

Could do with more squat racks, plates, heavier KB's, bumper plates, medicine balls and foam rollers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WOS fan

I'm interested in joining also to avail of the discount. Alan

Countact me at <snip>

Email removed for your own sake.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

For anybody who has joined, what do you make of the gym so far?

I would love to know where they got 10,000 square feet from?!

It's definitely 10,000 feet, including cardio room, dance room, and the upstairs rooms.

maybe if you exclude the jiu jitsu matted area, dance area and cardio rooms it wouldn't be. But then why would you?

Gym is excellent to be honest, and lots of free classes to try out.

Muay thai boxing for free starting next Friday.

Higher wrote: »
    It's definitely 10,000 feet, including cardio room, dance room, and the upstairs rooms.

I haven't been in any upstairs room and didn't even know there was one. What's in them?
    Higher wrote: »
    maybe if you exclude the jiu jitsu matted area, dance area and cardio rooms it wouldn't be. But then why would you?

Where is the dance area? Are these the cardio rooms with no actual cardio equipment in it?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I haven't been in any upstairs room and didn't even know there was one. What's in them?

Where is the dance area? Are these the cardio rooms with no actual cardio equipment in it?

Dance area is in the room on the left when you walk into main area. Its the room with the wooden floor. Last time I was there they were doing work in the cardio room so I'm assuming it won't be long. All the cardio equipment is still out on the main floor but I'd assume they will be moving into the cardio room soon. Upstairs rooms I think are for classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 raycre

Just found out that they are no longer offering 120e each if 3 people sign in together... They are only offering 150e each if 2 or more sign in from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Hows this gym looking for beginners?? The photos look like its only 25stone bodybuliders! Obviously trainers there to help new people out and give out some programs?

Also second the removal of the Simpons sign, I'm not offended it just looks crap to be honest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

If anyone wants to join with me, please pm me, thanks!

If anyone wants to join with me, please pm me, thanks!

Gonna join in the next week or so, so trying this for the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

joining with my brother on monday. pictures on the site and reviews here make it seem decent enough. must needed change from the carlisle gym.

between 12-4pm what does it be like? packed? waiting for machines much?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

What weight do dumbbells go up to?
    How many racks/cages do they have?

MrPain wrote: »
    What weight do dumbbells go up to?
    How many racks/cages do they have?

50kg
    They have 2 normal racks and 2 smith racks

50kg
    They have 2 normal racks and 2 smith racks

does it be packed? do they have boxing gloves for the bags or do you need to bring your own?

joined the gym today. pretty decent. everyone working hard and nobody posing and talking very loud unlike in the carlisle gym. the facilities are very basic so dont expect no carlisle type changing room

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

Im probably gonna join, if anyones interested of availing of the 2 people 150 discount throw me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 31 raycre

The two smith racks are terrible which is a shame as I wanted to use them... The bars on both smith racks doesnt move smoothly and they keep gettin stuck. They should replace them with usable smith racks as those ones will injure someone. Other than that tho its a good gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I'm looking to join this ASAP, if anyone is interested in joining at €150 each when joining with another person give me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seafield

I'm thinking of joining this gym and will be doing mostly weights, I want to start to lift heavy weight which I've never done before. I'm a bit nervous about being in the weight room with all experienced guys (I'm a female). Is there a friendly atmosphere there? I don't want to be laughed at :eek:
    I'm going to either join this gym or the carlisle.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi seafield, its all open plan on the floor so there's no exclusive weights room.
    Make sure to get some help if starting out on lifting to make sure you get the basics and technique sorted first and have fun.....

Advertisement