Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is €384 a good price for the Garmin 910xt?

• 01-06-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

It's just a theoretical question as I've been reminding myself that I may want this but I don't need it!

Wiggle have (another) sale on and you get €75 off when you spend over €450 so the Garmin 910XT with strap comes in at €383.71. Is that a good deal ... what's the cheapest it sells for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Would appear to be the going price at the moment on Amazon and Ebay.

Handtec however have it listed cheaper 273 sterling ( ~339 euro) not sure on delivery costs etc. but maybe worth a look. Not ordered from them before so any feedback anyone has would be great.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/5747/garmin-forerunner-910xt--910-

Simply Electronics always have cheap prices listed but a quick Google of them leads to pages and pages of people advising to avoid them at all costs.

I'm in the same boat as yourself, shopping around for a good price on a Forerunner 210 at the moment :) . Ebay always has cheaper priced ones from Israel but not sure of import tax etc, same from the US. I'll be following this post with interest before buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

gnu wrote: »
    It's just a theoretical question as I've been reminding myself that I may want this but I don't need it!

Wiggle have (another) sale on and you get €75 off when you spend over €450 so the Garmin 910XT with strap comes in at €383.71. Is that a good deal ... what's the cheapest it sells for?

Can you post a link to that please.

I can only see it as €460 with strap.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-910xt-gps-sports-watch-with-hrm/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Try using the the voucher: QUEEN60 (Spend 450 and get 75 EUROS off your basket).
    Wiggle is generally quite expensive for Garmin products (but using this voucher is cheaper than Amazon.co.uk).

*Edit*: By the way, Simply Electronics sells the watch (without HRM) for €336. I don't know anything about this site, or its reliability, someone just sent me on the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

*Edit*: By the way, Simply Electronics sells the watch (without HRM) for €336. I don't know anything about this site, or its reliability, someone just sent me on the link.

I bought my camera from that bunch around two years ago and all went smoothly but I've read some other stories on boards about them as well. Either I was lucky & the others were unlucky, not really sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

opus wrote: »
    I bought my camera from that bunch around two years ago and all went smoothly but I've read some other stories on boards about them as well. Either I was lucky & the others were unlucky, not really sure.

I was tempted by their low prices too, but after Googling them I had a read through the following

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reviews-of-Simply-Electronics/forum/Fx2L8YAWZTSCQUK/Tx2JDL36I8HDYBS/1?asin=B00065GZL2

which put me off. The main issue seems to be with getting refunds/replacements from them and also not having items in stock.

Then again people such as yourself have no issues with them so as the saying goes "you pay your money you make your choice" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

As this is a very new watch there are no newly overhauled ones of it. If you can wait a few months there will be like there is now for the 610. I got the 610 for 250 with HRM a month ago from amazon.com They are similarly priced new so if you can wait until then you will save 100 euro and still have a full warranty from garmin which is the same as a new one.

Advertisement