Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little Punks and their Scooters

• 01-06-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

So I had just put my little baby to bed last night at 8.30pm and the next thing I hear a group of young lads from the ages of 8 to 11 say outside making a racket doing stunts agains the kerb with their scooters and skate boards.
    The little one was stirring and I knew that she would wake with the noise.
    I went out and told the lads "Do you mind doing that somewhere else as I have a baby in bed and she is waking with the noise, I dont mind you doing it but its a bit late at this hour"
    Next one of them pipes up "Oh sorry about that" and they started to disperse.
    What the hell I thought, if I was that age I would have back answered and kept scooting.
    Whats wrong with these punks, have they no bit of anachary in them.
    Your thoughts please.
    Has reality TV drained the rebel out of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

depends where you live i guess, the kids would have stabbed you in my estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They sound like decent kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

some people are never happy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

So I had just put my little baby to bed last night at 8.30pm and the next thing I hear a group of young lads from the ages of 8 to 11 say outside making a racket doing stunts agains the kerb with their scooters and skate boards.
    The little one was stirring and I knew that she would wake with the noise.
    I went out and told the lads "Do you mind doing that somewhere else as I have a baby in bed and she is waking with the noise, I dont mind you doing it but its a bit late at this hour"
    Next one of them pipes up "Oh sorry about that" and they started to disperse.
    What the hell I thought, if I was that age I would have back answered and kept scooting.
    Whats wrong with these punks, have they no bit of anachary in them.
    Your thoughts please.
    Has reality TV drained the rebel out of them?

Ye, but back in my day, the man down the road didn't move us on starting with ""Do you mind doing that somewhere else....", he started with "Get your F^&*ing asses away from my house or I'll string you up by yuor neck and....."

So where's the anarchy in you dude? They're a reflection of yourself :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Very respectful children in the Warmoesstraat red light district then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I know, it's ridiculous. Just the other day I was going for a walk and a 14/15 year old asked me to buy him drink. 'Fine' I says, 'What do you want?'

He wanted a Coca-fcuking-Cola. Was asking me because he didn't have any money on him.

Why didn't he want a shoulder of vodka or something? Where's the law-breaking spirit of my youth? The plucky vim and vigour of stumbling around in a stupour from earliest pre-pubescence?

'T'san outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It's not just the kids. This morning on the LUAS an elderly woman got off but left her purse on the seat. A man took the purse, got off the LUAS (breaking his journey) and chased after her to give it back to her.
    I'm still shaking at the act of selfless alturism.

Bring back the "Fcuk You" attitude of the 70's & 80's.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ha ha if you said that to them little shots around my area the skateboard would've came thru the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Whats wrong with these punks

They feel lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Just well mannered kids, who where brought up well.

It's usually the beer drinking mouthy teenagers who hang in LARGE groups are the ones who are the problem IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Just well manured kids, who where brought up well.

It's usually the beer drinking mouthy teenagers who hang in LARGE groups are the ones who are the problem IMO.

Link :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

8:30? it was still bloody bright outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Little punks... Here's a chap who knows how to deal with punks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

The kids youve described there are just normal imho OP, I lived in a nice area/s for about 18years of my life, where the kids were kids but were also polite, and my god i miss that now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Warms the heart. maybe the next generation will be ok after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Bring back the death penalty I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

biko wrote: »
    Warms the heart. maybe the next generation will be ok after all.
    I've spawned and am rearing the next generation. Not a hope of them being OK with me as a moral benchmark. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They tell us parents (in the school) not to have our kids running in the hallways and in the yards (yea, "kids... do not run in the playground" - that will work! Rolls eyes...) yet in the same school yards before and after school, I see kids bringing their contraptions to the yards, spinning around other kids and parents whom are collecting their kids or dropping them off.
    While doing so, they are taking the ankles off by accidents, some of those there!

So the kids cannot run in the same areas but its ok to hit a few people a day with their devices!
    Besides the issue of school insurance liability - can anyone (as well as me) spot the hypocrisy here?

Advertisement