Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PI Insurance

Options
  • 01-06-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Anyone any suggestions for getting PI Insurance. Having terrible trouble getting this since my previous on lapsed. Got through to a few brokers who cant seem to find anyone to insure my Engineering company?

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Try David or Stephen Pike, Pike Insurance Services - years and years of experience and lots of contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Were you insured with WR Berkely? They've pulled out of the Engineering market. Essentially after the tide washed out with the property bust, a lot of shoddy work* and inadequate inspections were discovered, hence a lot of insurers are no longer writing this risk or are very slow to do so with premiums increasing by 250% and excess increasing by 500% in some cases.

Best of luck with the hunt, I'm trying to place a similar policy for a client and it's a nightmare of decline after decline after decline :(

*Not accusing you of anything btw but I do know of one home insurer refusing to cover houses built between 2005 - 2009.

Advertisement