Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashcards??...

• 01-06-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all I have seen that a few people are using flashcards for study.I would just like to know how exactly ye use them and if anyone could give me a quick example of how their Geography flash cards are made out :/

Thanks guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I started making them there and I think they're pretty helpful. Just get your book/revision book(Sue Honan) and summarise the 30 marker answers into bullet points. If you can, try and look out for the SRPs in the answer and just write them down-but I don't really know what a SRP is so I was just reading through the answer and picking out the important information.

Dunno if that's much help, I didn't really know how to make them either so I just went off and tried it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

SRP - significant relevant point, these are the yolks that give you marks.
    2 marks each, can be drawings, figures.. anything of actual relevance.

15 SRP's X 2 marks = 30 marks. :)

I used flashcards for my geography LC 2 years ago.. found them helpful enough!
    Just nice to see everything there in front of you in bullet form as opposed to trailing through a whole answer..

Good luck! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Hayezer wrote: »
    I started making them there and I think they're pretty helpful. Just get your book/revision book(Sue Honan) and summarise the 30 marker answers into bullet points. If you can, try and look out for the SRPs in the answer and just write them down-but I don't really know what a SRP is so I was just reading through the answer and picking out the important information.

Dunno if that's much help, I didn't really know how to make them either so I just went off and tried it :P

Ah yeah that is a good way of studying :D I have made out some for two answers already.I think I will mainly do it for regional and Human Geography for the moment as they are common sense but knowing the facts is another thing :P
    Thanks for that!

Advertisement