Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Darcy promoting litigious culture

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Biggins wrote: »
    Just on that, we should not apply biased judgements just because we (at the same time) might have sympathy for a person's condition.
    The law (and subsequent judgement) should apply to all persons equally - or not at all.

Agreed, if this was a story was about some guy in a wheelychair and not ray, the replies would be so different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How fast do you need to be going in order to not have time to put out your hands? If you were travelling that fast and tripped over a hard metal object it would damage your toes. Since D'arcy moans about absolutely everything if his toes were damaged he would have mentioned it.
    Ive tripped before when running and have managed to not break my nose.

In fairness, people fall in different ways. My mother tripped over our dog before while walking (annoying little terrier runt), fell face first and broke her nose. Some people will fall with arm outstretched and break their wrist/collarbone, others will fall shoulder/hip first.

My mother didn't win her case against our dog unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Agreed, if this was a story was about some guy in a wheelychair and not ray, the replies would be so different

Would they fcuk, not on my behalf anyway, although being in a wheelchair changes the very nature of the issue, particularily if the wheelchair user was unaware of the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stark wrote: »
    In fairness, people fall in different ways. My mother tripped over our dog before while walking (annoying little terrier runt), fell face first and broke her nose. Some people will fall with arm outstretched and break their wrist/collarbone, others will fall shoulder/hip first.

She should have sued the dog owner. (Sarcasm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah we'd be asking why the wheelchair user was out jogging. Probably falsely claiming disability benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So... if I just "fall" on my way "somewhere" I could be laughing.

THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

How fast do you need to be going in order to not have time to put out your hands? If you were travelling that fast and tripped over a hard metal object it would damage your toes. Since D'arcy moans about absolutely everything if his toes were damaged he would have mentioned it.
    Ive tripped before when running and have managed to not break my nose.
    In fairness, he does have quite a large head compared to the rest of his body. It's going to be larger after this publicity stunt.

I wonder if those bobble heads come with the head wound or not now... I'll have one with the wound please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

smash wrote: »
    Yea, that's not how it works. You see they have a spending budget and this eats into it. He's getting covered by his health insurance and wont have any costs so he doesn't need the money, he's doing it to blow his own trumpet.
    I'd agree with you there, he's going to use this as a soapbox but he's perfectly entitled to do so and it will give the CoCo a kick up the arse which they deserve. If he's really concerned with the best interests of his area he should sue and decline any payment (other than covering his costs) leaving it with a win on principle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

smash wrote: »
    Well I kind of do, it means they'll have less money to upgrade other things.

It just means they won't be digging up the roads in Nov/Dec, trying to spend what is left over in the kitty in case they don't get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Let's all put our differences aside for a minute and take comfort in the fact that Ray D'arcy fell and broke his nose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Let's all put our differences aside for a minute and take comfort in the fact that Ray D'arcy fell and broke his nose.

Now if it was that fool from the Late Late and it shut him up, then would certainly be a reason to turn on RTE that night for a change!

As it is, Ray D'arcy (while I'm not mad about him) is not the worst of his ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Biggins wrote: »
    Now if it was that fool from the Late Late and it shut him up, then would certainly be a reason to turn on RTE that night for a change!

As it is, Ray D'arcy (while I'm not mad about him) is not the worst of his ilk.

He is a lot more tolerable than Tubs, I'll grant you that, but it doesn't take much for me to say that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Went on telly saying he's emigrate if Kenny got elected so serves the Kildare tosser right. Anyone here can tell him this at the back of the Stephen's Green SC at about 5 PM most days where he goes jogging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

FishBowel wrote: »
    Went on telly saying he's emigrate if Kenny got elected so serves the Kildare tosser right. Anyone here can tell him this at the back of the Stephen's Green SC at about 5 PM most days where he goes jogging.

Personally, I'd rather he stayed - and Kenny go. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I like Ray Darcy, but broken noses are funny when they happen to people that aren't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Years ago, he seemed likeable compared to other high profile broadcasters. But he seems to have become a right tool ever since the Enda comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Ben Hadad

So this sign stub caused Ray Darcy to fall and break his nose??

Man I need to get a picture taken with me and this stub.

How is he going to sue anyway if he is not resident in the state, will he not need to be present in the court?? In fact how the hell did he fall over the stub if he doesn't live here any more?

By the way my dislike of Ray started when I was 16 and he came into our school to give a talk and proceeded to call our class "******s" for no reason, true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Feckin Poles, first they come over tekkin ur jurbs, now they are breaking our Meeduh personalities noses. On the plus side, hopefully Antoine De'Savage will step in to cover for the Arcy one when he is in getting it fixed- with a little more luck, there will be complications and he will have a nasal twang as a side effect. Better than the anal twang he has now anyway.
    I'd imagine the sign was robbed -I was going over the M50 on a flyover today and some of the err, mobile scrap metal collection community were cutting off a roadsign and loading it onto their pick-up, in broad daylight! Of-Arcy should sue them, though I hear they're fairly hard to pin down when it comes to delivering the post, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Never liked him. Anytime I happen to hear him on the radio (when it's on in a shop or wherever) he seems to be talking about sex. He's a perv IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I have finally last all respect for Darcy as a broadcaster. Have been getting very tired of his preaching and thinking he's the voice of the nation.

This notion of suing for charity is appalling. I strongly disagree with it.

If you have an accident which causes any significant injury which inconveniences you by all means take action against those responsible for compensation.

If Darcy had thought this thing through he would take legal action like any ordinary citizen and if the court found in his favour, awarding some form compensation he could do whatever he likes. He could give the money quietly to charity if he so pleased without any media attention.

He'll have no luck for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭jluv

Was listening to the show the morning it happened. He told the story and said he was going to get it checked after the show.A listener suggested he sue and donate the money to "Shave or Dye". Others on the show thought it was a good idea as did I. A little pain for him. Money for a good cause that most would not object to contributing to..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Darcy's Arce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

jluv wrote: »
    Was listening to the show the morning it happened. He told the story and said he was going to get it checked after the show.A listener suggested he sue and donate the money to "Shave or Dye". Others on the show thought it was a good idea as did I. A little pain for him. Money for a good cause that most would not object to contributing to..

And a lot of very good publicity for his show. I have no problem with him suing for damages if he felt his was wronged and wanted those responsible to cover medical costs. I'd have little sympathy seeing as he knew it was there and didnt bother his arse doing anything about it until he trundled into it. But I'd have no problem in him seeking medical costs if he needed it.

But thats not what this is, he doesnt want the costs covered, had no interest in it being dealt with by the council before the accident and he is doing it as part of his show involving listeners and passing it off as a charity event which to me is utterly pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Ray D'arcy is a toolbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I find it funny that the insurance fraud advertisement is on the bottom of the 1st page of this thread when i was looking at it :)
    I know he isn't committing fraud but still!

LordSmeg wrote: »
    And a lot of very good publicity for his show. I have no problem with him suing for damages if he felt his was wronged and wanted those responsible to cover medical costs. I'd have little sympathy seeing as he knew it was there and didnt bother his arse doing anything about it until he trundled into it. But I'd have no problem in him seeking medical costs if he needed it.

But thats not what this is, he doesnt want the costs covered, had no interest in it being dealt with by the council before the accident and he is doing it as part of his show involving listeners and passing it off as a charity event which to me is utterly pathetic.
    Fair enough..I'm ok with it tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Stark wrote: »

thats ruff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

jluv wrote: »
    Fair enough..I'm ok with it tho..

Fair nuf...... your wrong to be though. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

So he sues, we all pay taxes to fund this and he makes himself look good through passing it on to a charity?
    Sorry, I call b**sh**:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Fair nuf...... your wrong to be though. :p
    In your opinion;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Surely the right thing to do here is to take the accident on the chin (or nose) but most importantly inform the council that there is a hazard on this footpath. Next time Ray, look where you're going. BTW your rants and crusades have long been tiresome.

The council can only be considered negligent if they know about a hazard and do nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Joko

**** off Darcy. No one likes you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

What an absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Rays new favorite song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Joko wrote: »

I like him. **** off Joko, no one likes YOU!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Joko wrote: »
    Not even his barber since he went bald!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

oh and Ray,,, love the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

what a to$$er he is,sick of hearing him go on about his perfect family life every morning.mairead farrell is a fox though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

To be fair, it probably wouldn't get sorted unless someone did sue.

Sad state of affairs when that's what has to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

oh and Ray,,, love the show!

wrong ray/show:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement