Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mice and the terrier..

• 01-06-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

We have had a veritable plague of mice this year...Lost count of the number the two traps have caught, and the cats have been on night patrol.

Wee dog is a JRT/Basset cross and has been in a total state of obsession. THERE'S A MOUSE IN THE OVEN! IN THE STOVE,, IN THE HOT PRESS! Yipping, barking, bouncing.. LET ME AT IT!

Last week, we were sitting out at the back in the sun, and wee dog starts sniffing and lying in wait by the kitchen window. Head on one side, then looking at me, pointing with her head.

Patient and persistent.

She had found a small waste pipe we had not noticed. So this was safely blocked and three days later, after the remaining pair of mice had been trapped, clearly all is now mouse free as wee dog has no more interest in the kitchen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Here too! I'm waking up to at least 3 mice, or bits thereof, in my hallway every morning. The cats are coming back with them in broad daylight too. Just wish they'd eat them outside:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

planetX wrote: »
    Here too! I'm waking up to at least 3 mice, or bits thereof, in my hallway every morning. The cats are coming back with them in broad daylight too. Just wish they'd eat them outside:eek:

Yukk... my cats know better than to bring them in...Someone we know with a shop says she has been selling a record number of mouse traps this year. She blames the cold May.

I was cooking atop the cooker once and heard the trap inside the oven go off.

Advertisement