Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjusting Rifle Basix Trigger

Options
  • 01-06-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Hi lads just bought a rifle basix trigger and have fitted it this morning but it is discharging about 50% of the time when I close the bolt.:eek::eek:
    I can see what appears to be 3 grub screws on the front of it anyone know which one of them is the one for adjusting it. and which one is for adjusting the pull pressure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Is it for a remmy 700?

If so this might help
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2068988

From what I can find:

Top = Pull Weight
    Middle = Overtravel
    Bottom = Sear adjustment.

If the rifle is slap firing you need to turn the bottom screw until it holds the sears. Once that is done close the bolt and slowly turn the screw until the gun fires. After that has happened turn the screw back about 1/4 - 1/2 turn for a crisp break.

The weight is up to you and what you like.

Overtravel is the amount the trigger moves/travels after being fired.

Hope that helps

Forgot to mention make sure you do a bump test and check the safety is still working after doing any trigger job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

dev110 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention make sure you do a bump test and check the safety is still working after doing any trigger job

Yes it's a Remmy 700
    Will get to try that later. Had day my fcuked up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

dev110 wrote: »
    Is it for a remmy 700?

If so this might help
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2068988

From what I can find:

Top = Pull Weight
    Middle = Overtravel
    Bottom = Sear adjustment.

If the rifle is slap firing you need to turn the bottom screw until it holds the sears. Once that is done close the bolt and slowly turn the screw until the gun fires. After that has happened turn the screw back about 1/4 - 1/2 turn for a crisp break.

The weight is up to you and what you like.

Overtravel is the amount the trigger moves/travels after being fired.

Hope that helps

Perfect, great job that, working grand now.:D:D
    If you are ever down my way I'll bring you out for day for a deer or a goat if you want. Might see some new ground. :cool:

Thanks a million!
    I will definitely take you up on that offer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement