Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Value BBQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

They also have a 2 burner (withour side burner) version for €80 reduced from €100. I saw one of these in Woodies Sandyford during the week and it didn't have the regulator we use for the Yellow Calor Gas cylinder so you may need to purchase one of those also.

Cheapest I've seen in B&Q is €100 for similar spec. Seems great value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Luke_Dolan

2 burner with side burner BBQ in B&Q €65

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Luke_Dolan wrote: »
    2 burner with side burner BBQ in B&Q €65

LINK

Actually picked that up today....at that price, it was worth the buy (I hope!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

The best place to get them is baldoyle builder providers. I got the outback brand for €120 and it's a great bit of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭endacl

OK. I know I'll regret this. Is it a bbq you're looking for, or an outdoor gas cooker?

If you want a perfectly serviceable cheap bbq, try a biscuit tin with a grill on top. Had four going at the same time last week. Intense, constant, and even heat. Fed the multitudes. Perfect.

The last bbq rusted away after years if non-use.100 quid wasted. Could have paid for a ton of bbq-able meat. If the biscuit tins aren't used again by the end of the summer, into the recycling with them.

If its a bargain you want, you could get something that works perfectly well for a fiver.

*Ducks and runs, hoping op won't interpret this as trolling. It's not....*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

endacl wrote: »
    OK. I know I'll regret this. Is it a bbq you're looking for, or an outdoor gas cooker?

If you want a perfectly serviceable cheap bbq, try a biscuit tin with a grill on top. Had four going at the same time last week. Intense, constant, and even heat. Fed the multitudes. Perfect.

The last bbq rusted away after years if non-use.100 quid wasted. Could have paid for a ton of bbq-able meat. If the biscuit tins aren't used again by the end of the summer, into the recycling with them.

If its a bargain you want, you could get something that works perfectly well for a fiver.

*Ducks and runs, hoping op won't interpret this as trolling. It's not....*

Fair enough point. And its a good suggestion, however using the method you suggested would give people VERY little control over the cooking aspect. There is a lot more to BBQ'ing than just throwing the meat on a hot grill and flipping it. You cant just throw chicken on a hot grill. The inside will be raw. You need a lid so you can cook the meat on direct heat for a few minutes on each side and then close the lid and take the meat off the direct heat so the BBQ turns into an oven. You will get a great smokey taste from the meat by using this method.

It wrecks my head when people cook their chicken in the kitchen oven before putting it on the BBQ.

Advertisement