Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different retirement gift!!

Options
  • 01-06-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi there
    My aunt recently retired from her job and I am looking for suggestions for something a little different as a retirement gift. She is in her early 60's - very fit and well and has a great sense of fun and adventure...for example in the past few years she has taken holidays in Cambodia, Nepal, Mexico - I think this year is Vietnam.
    I was considering a helicopter flying lesson....budget is around €250. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Ps: Mods - If this is in the wrong thread please move

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better here M.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

how about garden hammock? I bought one for my dad this summer together with a good book collection. he has plenty of time to lie down and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mama.

I'd love a balloon ride! Or could you maybe arrange a day trip for her holiday destination? Happy retirement to her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Have you checked www.firebox.com? It's worth a look for ideas.. I love the vw camper van tent..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nikegame

A balloon ride is a great idea!i also love balloon rides!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭msbrobe

Thanks everyone for your ideas - I had thought of a balloon ride but I think that's to be shared so would probably push it out of our budget if we had to pay for two:eek:

Advertisement