Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday in Malta

• 01-06-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello :)

Myself & my boyfriend (both in our mid-twenties) are going on a 10 day holiday to Malta in August & I’m looking for tips & advice on what to do & see there? A trip to Sicily has been suggested by a friend.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hey,

Friend of mine recommended visiting the Tarixen Temple and visit Mdina, bring your camera !!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

If there are tickets left for the Hypogeum book them now, it might be sold out already for august. they sell out up to 2 months in advance.

+1 for Mdina

Valletta itself is a lovely city, make sure to see the Caravaggio's in the cathedral. We also took a day trip down to the fishing village Marsaxlokk.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Thanks ispini1984 & fuchille for the tips :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

fichillie wrote: »
    If there are tickets left for the Hypogeum book them now, it might be sold out already for august. they sell out up to 2 months in advance.

+1 for Mdina

Valletta itself is a lovely city, make sure to see the Caravaggio's in the cathedral. We also took a day trip down to the fishing village Marsaxlokk.

+1 for all this...Marsaxlokk is nice for a lazy lunch.
    Hire a car or take the bus and travel around the island - lots of things to see and do.
    Gozo is worth the day trip. REally pretty, and amazing views from the citadella.
    We also went to one of the Festa's which are great fun.
    You should visit the Blue Lagoon as its really lovely and the water is fabulous, but be warned it gets VERY VERY busy once the boat trips come in, so get there early - much better to make your own way early rather than with a boat trip.

Sicily is great, but can be tiring in a 10 day trip. If you take the guided tours it is a very early start and a bus trip. You can fly to Sicily really cheap with Ryanair, but you will be quite a distance from Taormina and Siracuse and Mt Etna, which are the main tourist areas people tend to visit. In a 10 day trip I would just suggest making the most of your time in Malta and save Sicily for another time!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Hi Little Ted.

Thanks for all your info! We will definitely visit Gozo & the Blue Lagoon. We'd love to take in a trip to Sicily but will keep your advice in mind.

Much apprecicated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement