Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pedicure - Dublin city

• 01-06-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I think I need a pedicure. I've never had one before, but my feet are a bit yucky, with lots of hard dead skin from wearing heels all the time, they're very rough looking/feeling. (They are clean, no dodgy infections or anything like that, though!)

I'm a bit self-conscious that the beauty therapist might be a bit disgusted by them, though? :o Are they used to that sort of thing, or should I try to sort my feet out with products at home first? Would really just love to get it done today or tomorrow.

Also, any recommendations of where to get it done in/near Dublin city centre?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Scheme

Scholl (I think) do a foot scraper for about €14 which is great at removing dead skin from feet. For sale in most pharmacies. Could be a cheaper option :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Hi OP,

Speaking as a beauty therapist I can assure you that no therapist would be disgusted by feet in need of a pedicure- thats our job!
    Hard skin on feet is very very common and to be honest, most feet I see are always a bit in need of some TLC and its actually great getting a pair of feet with lots of hard skin because the client is always so happy at the end when its gone!!
    I'd recommend going for a pedicure and getting some home care advice and product recommendations.
    Stay away from the cheese grater type foot files, they only make the hard skin worse. Perhaps invest in a nice foot scrub and some heel balm and foot lotion. Get into the habit of using them regularly and that should keep post pedicure feet in tip top shape. You can get foot files that have a sandpaper like buffer, these are great and remove and smooth skin gently.
    Also to note that you should never let anyone other than a Chiropodist near your feet with a callus blade- beauty therapists are NOT trained to perform this and only a trained Chiropodist/Podiatrist should use one and only if necessary. Regular maintenance on your feet and gentle removal of hard skin is the best way.

Advertisement