Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics, Chemistry, Biology experiments books inspection

• 01-06-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

Anyone been checked by an inspector from the department of education to see if Physics, Chemistry or Biology experiments have been written up in your lab books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I do physics.

Nope. Never happened for me. I don't even have it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

My Bio teacher told me that the department only check your lab book in JC because there's marks going for it. I know in Bio there is not marks for lab books but not sure about Chemistry or Physics? Anyway as far as I know the Dept don't check them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Nah there's not marks (at least for physics). Our teacher said it was just a regular inspection thing they do while they're observing the teacher. According to him, they actually give out if you haven't got it done? He's not the most trustworthy person though so ya never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Nah there's not marks (at least for physics). Our teacher said it was just a regular inspection thing they do while they're observing the teacher. According to him, they actually give out if you haven't got it done? He's not the most trustworthy person though so ya never know

Sometimes they arrive and the can give out the the teachers if students don't have them written up or completed. It happened in our school a few years back that our teacher said they went to the seashore the week before the inspection by chance, and luckily they had it filled up, as it was around like the end of may as well! (Ecology trip to the seashore, not a day out that is!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Hope this inspector doesn't come to our physics class:O

Advertisement