Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magazine Freebies

• 01-06-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Glamour magazine has Benefit minis this month (WHOOP!!!)
    Three items to choose from. 'The Porefessional' (pore minimiser) , 'That Gal' (primer) and 'Bad Gal' (mascara). Think I'm getting all three!!!!!

Marie Claire has 3 full size Ciate polishes - Purple Sherbet, Jelly Bean or Bon Bon

InStyle has full sizes of The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara in Black two Eye liners in Black or French Navy

Red Magazine has Jemma Kidd I-Glamour Volume Mascara or I-Glamour Define Eyeliner in Black

Harper's Bazaar choice of 3 Leighton Denny polishes Supermodel, Viva la diva and Do me a flavour

Elle - Reiss Vest. Not beauty but thought I'd put it in anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Just got Marie Claire, the purple sherbet nail varnish is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Airplane reading material sorted now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

bought two glamour today ;) they didn't have the "that gal" one or I'd have bought three lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I don't think they're doing that gal in Ireland. I went to 6 shops including Easons on O'Connell street and couldn't find one!

Really disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

They have got that gal, I almost bought it yesterday - went with porefessional instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hey everyone,

I thought you might want to know that in this months Glamour magazine they are giving away three Benefit products (small size)

Pore Professional 7.5ml
    That Gal 7.5ml
    Bad Gal Lash 40g

The mag retails for under four quid here in Ireland and 2 pound in the UK. It might be a good idea to try the products cheap to see if you like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged - dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Miaireland wrote: »
    Just got Marie Claire, the purple sherbet nail varnish is lovely.

I got the Jelly Bean one, it's fab varnish!

Really good idea for a thread, OP. Any chance of getting it stickied?

^^^
    Could be a good idea, just called magazine freebies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

DuvetCover wrote: »
    They have got that gal, I almost bought it yesterday - went with porefessional instead!

Where did you see That gal?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I'm pretty sure I saw that gal in centra on dame St, not 100% sure tho.

Out of all the mascaras on offer can someone recommend the best one? Need a new mascara anyways :)
    I like thickening, non clumpy mascaras as my lashes are v long anyways, so don't really need lengthening but all clumps showup..

Also,I got Marie Claire with the ciate nail polish in bon bon, so pretty!!
    The magazine bag says 25% off all orders in ciate, but the back of the nail polish box says 15% ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

For anyone going on holiday, WHSmith in T2 Dublin Airport have boxes and boxes of Glamour with Benefit freebies - but I went through several boxes and could only see mascaras and porefressional - no That Gal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Easy Living magazine has free Rituals Organic White Lotus body lotion or body scrub. Quite a decent size as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

PlayGirl wrote: »

Out of all the mascaras on offer can someone recommend the best one? Need a new mascara anyways :)
    I like thickening, non clumpy mascaras as my lashes are v long anyways, so don't really need lengthening but all clumps showup..

My mascara preferences are similar to yours. Think I'm gonna go for the benefit one if I can get it. I used it before and really liked it. It has a huge brush which I like and I don't remember it being clumpy.
    The body shop one seems to be a full size tube whereas the benefit is just a sample, but tbh I got quite a long time out of my previous sample. I read some reviews of the body shop one as I hadn't used it before. Seems it has quite a thin brush which i don't usually like and it's quite wet.
    check out the reviews on makeupalley:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=133307/Big-and-Curvy-Mascara/The-Body-Shop/Mascara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

there are loads of Glamor Magazines with the Mascara in Superquinn Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭uli84

If someone finds "that gal" in some Dublin shop, let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

uli84 wrote: »
    If someone finds "that gal" in some Dublin shop, let us know ;)
    I've looked everywhere and can't get it!!! Soo annoying!!

Have two of the freebies but want 'that gal' haven't see it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Have two of the freebies but want 'that gal' haven't see it yet.

same :confused:

I went through several boxes of Glamour mags at two different Easons and couldn't find That Gal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I haven't seen any Glamour magazines at all yet. Anyone seen That Gal in Galway city or Gort? ... heading that way tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Free Sunglasses in Cosmo this month, got mine today!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

WH Smith in T2 had crates (quite literally hundreds of mags) of Glamour as someone said... but not one That Gal... it had a "*" beside it inside the mag (couldn't find the information corresponding to the star), and it's "£15 value" while the other two are "£10", so it could be that they're not providing it to the Irish market all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I got That Gal but I live across the water in London. I would have chosen the pore minimiser but they only seem to have Bad Gal Lash and That Gal. Not sure how to use it tbh.

Honestly ladies, I just dont think its available in Ireland!

Orlee wrote: »
    Honestly ladies, I just dont think its available in Ireland!

Agreed! I've given up looking! I don't know if I should get the mascara or pore minimiser now? Or not bother at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

The Bad Gal is available in Ireland.Seen plenty of them in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

jadie wrote: »
    The Bad Gal is available in Ireland.Seen plenty of them in Cork

It's That Gal - the primer, as opposed to Bad Gal - the mascara, that people can't find in Ireland. I certainly haven't seen any in Cork.

Valentina wrote: »
    Agreed! I've given up looking! I don't know if I should get the mascara or pore minimiser now? Or not bother at all...

I got them both, the pore minimiser is probably worth it if you think you'd use it. Its a small tube but you only need a tiny bit. There's enough in it to use it for a few weeks to know if it's going to break you out or not.

Not sure about the mascara, it's nice but seems a bit empty. Still ok for €3 and handy for your make up bag in your handbag.

• Advertisement

Well actually Malari I got "That Gal" in Easons in Cork, picked up the "Bad Gal" as well and saw them both too in Tesco

jadie wrote: »
    Well actually Malari I got "That Gal" in Easons in Cork, picked up the "Bad Gal" as well and saw them both too in Tesco

Oh yeah, you just said you got Bad Gal, and I think it was the other people were having trouble getting. :) I hadn't seen it in Cork myself, but it's obviously out there, just rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Where did you see That gal?!?!

Sorry for the late reply, they had it in Easons Newbridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I looked in Easons in Newbridge and didn't see it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I was in liverpool yesterday and none of the shops had it there. I'd say there wasn't that many of them and people just bought a load of them because they're so cheap.

Stopped in a shop recently and saw lots of makeup & cosmetics with the August magazines.

Glamour have sample sizes from balance Me. Choose from Pure Skin Face Wash, Wonder Eye Cream, Balancing Face Moisturiser and Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve.

Marie Claire have 3 full size mascaras from Avon - Lengthening, Curling & Volumising

Cosmopolitan offers a choice of 3 shades of Misguided nail polish. The colours are a bright pink, yellow or orange.

Red have a free Ren skincare set (mini samples in a little toilet bag). Contains Vetiver v7 Hand and Body Cream 15ml, Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream 15ml and Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel 3ml.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Does anyone find that when magazines have gifts attached the magazine is not a good as usual? I do. Maybe it's because i can look through before I decide to buy!

To add Elle are giving away St. Tropez Everyday in a handy sized tube that would be good for holidays.

Mood- I totally agree with you on the magazine front- Elle and Red were particularly bad I though, a few flicks through and I threw them in the recycling

How much is Cosmo in the likes of Tesco and Dunnes? It's super expensive in the small shops around me and I don't want to spend nearly 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    How much is Cosmo in the likes of Tesco and Dunnes? It's super expensive in the small shops around me and I don't want to spend nearly 20 quid.

I think I paid 5 - 5.50 in tesco. From my experience it's nearly the same price in all the shops.

I got the Balance Me moisturiser with Glamour. I really like it - was up in Dublin at the weekend and it did wonders for my partied out, sun burnt, windlashed skin. Might pick up the lip balm too if I see it.

Wouldn't mind getting the Ren set too. Looked at the nail polishes free with Cosmo but none of them grabbed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I cant get the glamour balance me lip treatment anywhere!!! It must be like the benefit "that girl" that people were having trouble with.

ladypip wrote: »
    I cant get the glamour balance me lip treatment anywhere!!! It must be like the benefit "that girl" that people were having trouble with.

There's always one!

Angel8ie wrote: »
    I think I paid 5 - 5.50 in tesco. From my experience it's nearly the same price in all the shops.

:eek: It's 5.15 in my local Centra and I thought that was expensive! Huh! It's the only way I'll get that polish though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

ladypip wrote: »

Got the balance lip treatment in galway city on sunday..In the topaz garage in bohermore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Just thought I'd let you all know, In Style mag is giving away Clinique mini freebies on the cover this month. Four different products in all, including mascara.

Merged into the Magazine Freebies thread

dudara

This month Glamour has Benefit freebies: ChaCha, Benetint or Sunbeam.

Also L'Occitane hand cream in Marie-Claire.

:)

Malari wrote: »
    This month Glamour has Benefit freebies: ChaCha, Benetint or Sunbeam.

Also L'Occitane hand cream in Marie-Claire.

:)

Woops! It's not Glamour, it's actually InStyle. Soweee.:o

But Marie-Claire also has a hair treatment sample.

Advertisement