Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: remote keypad for Aritech CP 35 - modest price on offer:-)

Options
  • 01-06-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys,

Bit of a long shot but would anyone have such an item maybe from a recovered system? AFAIK, they are no longer available to buy new. System is about 20 years old but working ok. Original battery only packed in last year.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your unlikely to get one. You would be better off changing the panel and keypad and giving your system a nice update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 buy1get1free

KoolKid wrote: »
    Your unlikely to get one. You would be better off changing the panel and keypad and giving your system a nice update.
    Yep, you're probably right but thought I'd try anyway.

Have considered replacing panel but seems a bit extravagant as its working well. Would have to replace shock sensors too so lotta bucks for little bang, no?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If these keypads were available new the cost would be around 50% (or more) of the price of a panel & a keypad .

PS what's the fault on the keypad?

If these keypads were available new the cost would be around 50% (or more) of the price of a panel & a keypad .

PS what's the fault on the keypad?
    No fault actually. I just want to add an rkp inside back door entrance.

Have priced HKC panel, rkp, 10 shock sensors and sabb at over E300. Its a lot for not much extra functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi guys,

Bit of a long shot but would anyone have such an item maybe from a recovered system? AFAIK, they are no longer available to buy new. System is about 20 years old but working ok. Original battery only packed in last year.

I think I may have one. Will let you know later.

• Advertisement

If your alarm is working fine why bother with the shock sensors?
    Take a look at the Siemens Range There is some nice extra features there for around the same price.
    There is also a new kit out now with the 4320, a pace enabled keypad & 2 proximity key fobs. That should come in at less than your €300 & you would have full remote access over IP.

If your alarm is working fine why bother with the shock sensors?

Hi Koolkid, thanks for the advice, its appreciated.:) Ok, the current system is CP35 panel, internal siren, external sabb and Itec inertia shock sensors on all doors and windows with magnetic contacts on all openings. No PIRs. I presume the shock sensors are specific to Aritech panels as there is an anylyser function in the panel for setting sensitivity and count. So if I was to go for a new panel, would I not need new shock sensors too?
    Take a look at the Siemens Range There is some nice extra features there for around the same price.
    There is also a new kit out now with the 4320, a pace enabled keypad & 2 proximity key fobs. That should come in at less than your €300 & you would have full remote access over IP.
    Had a look at that Siemens system, impressive allright. IP is definitely the way to go. Coupla caveats. Seems a pity that it cannot do a webtext SMS message (cheaper than a GSM dialler which is hugely expensive.) Also the Siemens detector range doesn't seem to include shock sensors. BTW, advantage of shock sensors, I think, is that it can activate on an attempted forced entry before the intruder has gained access. PIRs on the other hand will only detect the intruder after he has forced entry.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Existing shock sensors will work with Siemens as all zones are analysed.
    Any wired inertias will work with Siemens .If you want wireless you can use Visonic. Web text is not possible ,but you can text from a PSTN dialler from Eircom or Vodafone land lines.

Existing shock sensors will work with Siemens as all zones are analysed.
    Any wired inertias will work with Siemens .
    Didn't realise that, good info, thanks.
    If you want wireless you can use Visonic.
    Don't need wireless, have wires in situ at all existing nodes and easy to run cable to spot beside back door.
    Web text is not possible ,but you can text from a PSTN dialler from Eircom or Vodafone land lines.
    I'm with UPC for phone and broadband so that's a non-runner. :mad:

I'm with UPC for phone and broadband so that's a non-runner. :mad:
    There are lots of generic voice diallers you could use. The GSM would be the better option though, as it gives you remote control of the system as well.

• Advertisement

There are lots of generic voice diallers you could use. The GSM would be the better option though, as it gives you remote control of the system as well.
    True, I suppose I could combine a voice dialler to give the alert and IP access from my mobile phone to give remote control. The GSM module is pretty pricey!

That would be the Ideal combination. No need for the GSM with IP if you have another form of alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Just going back to your original query, the Aritech CP 35, is that otherwise known as a Meridian? Just if that is the case, that panel could only facilitate one RKP.

kub wrote: »

Just going back to your original query, the Aritech CP 35, is that otherwise known as a Meridian? Just if that is the case, that panel could only facilitate one RKP.
    No, it's not a Meridian. Think its also branded as a "Horizon." The installation manual (original, which I still have) has wiring diagrams for either one or two RKPs. (12 core cable, or in my case 2 x 8 core required:rolleyes:) As it happens, I don't have any RKPs currently fitted but I suppose if two turned up at a reasonable price I could fit one inside the front door also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thats correct Horizon is right. Its a long shot now trying to get one, best of luck, I think Itec stopped producing them around 20 years ago.

Therefore i agree with KoolKid, consider upgrading your panel, as already mentioned all your existing detectors are compatible.

altor wrote: »
    I think I may have one. Will let you know later.

Just wondering, did you find one?

Thanks.

Just wondering, did you find one?

Thanks.

No buy1get1free sorry, had a good dig around in the office but could not find one.

Ok, thanks anyway for looking. :-)

Ok, thanks anyway for looking. :-)

Your welcome.

Advertisement