Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLLOONEY INCIDENT

Options
  • 01-06-2012 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Passing over the bridge in Collooney this morning and the place was full of Gardai, anybody know what happened???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I haven't heard, seen or read about any incident happening in Collooney yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I haven't heard, seen or read about any incident happening in Collooney yesterday.

Hi Corvus - Since my last post I understand that a number of houses on the old Dublin road in Collooney were hit by petrol bombs around 9.15am yesterday, not too sure of the details, however I understand that one house was the target but two totally incident houses were also hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

An old mans car was burnt out in Cranmore at 5am last night. I wonder if they are connected.

Not too sure if there was any connection but it’s becoming an all too familiar story around Sligo lately, one of these houses had a number of kids in it at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Since my last post I understand that a number of houses on the old Dublin road in Collooney were hit by petrol bombs around 9.15am yesterday

9.15am? That's pretty brazen of the scum to do it during daylight hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Not too sure if there was any connection but it’s becoming an all too familiar story around Sligo lately, one of these houses had a number of kids in it at that time.

It's a disgrace! That old mans house caught fire from the car, and he was blocked from escaping as his garden gate had lots of stuff blocking the exit. He was stuck out his back garden of his bungalow with no escape, and he's into his late 70s early 80's

I hope they find the people that did these. It just awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

God that's awful! Both incidents could have ended very, very badly..
    Things like this are happening so regularly around Sligo now, nevermind the huge amount of robberies. :(

I understand the petrol bombings that took place last Friday morning in Collooney were in relation to a local drugs feud, these thugs hit their intended target but also hit two other houses whose occupants were totally innocent, some of these houses contained a number of children who are now severely traumatised by what has happened. It will be interesting to see what angle the council will now take as the house that was the intended target is a local authority house owned by Sligo Co Co.

MoonDancer wrote: »
    An old mans car was burnt out in Cranmore at 5am last night. I wonder if they are connected.

Let’s hope that the CCTV cameras in Cranmore have done their job, they are very brave people attacking an old man’s house at that time in the morning and burning out his car. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement