Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King

Options
  • 01-06-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Finished apparently.
    Tottenham Legend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

"Spurs has been the only Club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

He has officially been released. Sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What a player, one of the best CBs in England, if not the world, at his prime. We couldn't buy a win without him for 3 of the last 4 seasons, iirc even at the start of this season we didn't lose a game when he was playing up until about Christmas.

Tottenham legend. I hope he gets a testimonial, if he doesn't get one, then no one else is deserving of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

golfball37 wrote: »
    He has officially been released. Sad day.

I'd imagine he will remain at the club in some capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think judging by those comments he just needs a broom :)

Legend, huge admiration for the guy, we were unbelievable with him holding the defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

A true Spurs Legend. Had the pleasure of meeting him once, a true gent. The best centre back that I have seen wearing a Spurs shirt in my lifetime. A pleasure to watch, makes defending look easy. Thierry Henry said " he was the best defender that he ever played against, he can tackle without fouling you"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Shame that King couldn't complete the career he deserved. He was a class act and I always looked out for his name first on the team sheet, if it was there I felt alot more confident about whatever game was lined up. Sorry to see the Spurs rock retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A real shame for Ledley,great footballer.Spurs should give him a job for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Oh Ledley Ledley, he has only got one knee, he's better than John Terry, Oh Ledley Ledley.

Legend. Retire number 26 I say.

Advertisement