Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job advertised today

• 01-06-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

There were jobs advertised on educationposts.ie today that said 'Suitable for all second level teachers including those who have retired but who would still like to teach'
    Is anyone else a bit annoyed by this? It was for a full time job. There are plenty of unemployed teachers that would kill for the job. Don't think it is fair that they have explicitly said that it's open for retirees. Its a private school but since they get money to pay most teachers from the state this should not be allowed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No, it's not fair, but if the job is privately paid by the school they can hire whoever they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

It infuriated me to the point that i felt like contacting Ruairi Quinn about it. Yes the school in question is a privately paid school but this is something that we really need to rid the education sector of.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Geologyrocks

I know maynoothrules. I felt like doing the exact same thing. I'm going to forward the ad to the union.
    Rainbowtrout, it is a private school but it didn't actually state it was privately paid. There were a few jobs advertised for the school so presumably a few of the hours would be publicly paid for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm aware of that, but I would imagine that schools are not in a position where they can advertise a state funded job and publicly advertise for retired teachers, hence my assumption that it's privately paid.

Advertisement