Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recognised Subjects

• 01-06-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

On my Teaching Council registration sheet, in the section for subjects it has:

Economics (Business Studies)
    Geography

I completed my undergraduate degree in Geography and Economics so I WAS surprised to see the inclusion of Business Studies - albeit in brackets. Does anybody know what it means when a subject on the registration sheet is in brackets? I was expecting to be able to teach Economics but not Business Studies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

chippers wrote: »
    On my Teaching Council registration sheet, in the section for subjects it has:

Economics (Business Studies)
    Geography

I completed my undergraduate degree in Geography and Economics so I WAS surprised to see the inclusion of Business Studies - albeit in brackets. Does anybody know what it means when a subject on the registration sheet is in brackets? I was expecting to be able to teach Economics but not Business Studies.

You are qualified to teach economics at leaving cert and junior cert except that economics doesn't exist at Junior Cert. Business Studies is the Junior Cert equivalent of Economics. The Leaving cert subject - Business - you are not qualified to teach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Well thats the J.C. equivalent of Economics essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

Chris68 wrote: »
    You are qualified to teach economics at leaving cert and junior cert except that economics doesn't exist at Junior Cert. Business Studies is the Junior Cert equivalent of Economics. The Leaving cert subject - Business - you are not qualified to teach.

Thanks for that. That's good news. I had originally thought I would only be able to teach Leaving Cert Economics. Business to Junior Cert improves my employability quite a bit!

Advertisement