Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 betting thread

• 01-06-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I know there is a soccer section in the gambling forum but I think this might be better here (feel free to move needed) for folks like me who don't bet often but like to lay a few quid on tournaments like the world cup or euros.

Just had a look here http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012 and the range of bets available is crazy. Perhaps more knowledgable types could give us some tips during the tournament for best bets and where the best prices can be got.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Gerrard is 7/1 to be England's topscorer, with Rooney out for the first two games this could be good value, he's guaranteed to start and will probably take penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I think either Pavlyuchenko or Kerzhakov from Russia are a good bet to be top scorer. Thin Russia only play with one up front so not sure which one would be starting. Both at 50/1 or so. Pretty straightforward group and they should score a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Degag wrote: »
    I think either Pavlyuchenko or Kerzhakov from Russia are a good bet to be top scorer. Thin Russia only play with one up front so not sure which one would be starting. Both at 50/1 or so. Pretty straightforward group and they should score a few.

Russia are absolutely cack imo.

Samich wrote: »
    Russia are absolutely cack imo.
    I think they'll get out of the group and could cause a shock and reach the semi's. I'm not saying they're great but for the prices of the two players i think they're a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Got Lewandowski at 50/1 for top goalscorer a few weeks ago . He is into 16/1 now in some place .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Has to be a German in there somewhere for sure?

Thomas Muller anyone? :P What odds is he?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Got Lewandowski at 50/1 for top goalscorer a few weeks ago . He is into 16/1 now in some place .

Said those odds would drop when I mentioned him a month or so ago. Didn't think that much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Lewandowski is 11/8 for over 1.5 goals for the tournament im going lump a few quid on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

Lewandowski is 11/8 for over 1.5 goals for the tournament im going lump a few quid on that.

how does one score .5 of a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Its basically if he scores two goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

spirit_77 wrote: »

Has to be along the lines of Lampard's against Germany... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Doocey wrote: »
    Has to be along the lines of Lampard's against Germany... :pac:

Along the lines..... Really? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Ok now this is a bit off the wall but here me out on this.... Richard Dunne for player of the tournament (200/1 or so).
    Now as far as I look at it, for Ireland to have a good tournament Dunne is going to have to be exceptional as we all know he can be. I believe he is capable of handling Jelaviv/Olic/Manduzic as none of them have one outstanding asset that Dunne cant match. I reckon that if Torres starts for Spain that Dunne could certainly better him and I also believe that Dunne has enough for a petulant Balotelli or even Di Natale.
    So if Dunne produces in all 3 group games and we get through to the next stage and he produces again to a high level ( and who knows he could score in a game or two) well then surely Richie is a contender for POtT especially if Ireland over achieve.

I have money on Jelavic top scorer @66-1.

Anyone fancy Italy for first red card? 11-1? Balotelli. Perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Have Kershakov @ 66-1 and Muller to be top-scorer for Germany at 10-1.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Jelavic to be Premier League Top Goalscorer @ 22/1 :)

Also Torres @ 8/1 is worth a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

double GG wrote: »

Anyone fancy Italy for first red card? 11-1? Balotelli. Perhaps?
    Not a bad idea. De Rossi, Chiellini and Cassano have been known to pick up a card or two as well.

Not a bad idea. De Rossi, Chiellini and Cassano have been known to pick up a card or two as well.

But then again De Jong and Van Bommel will be playing before Italy get on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Have Luuk de Jong at 769/1 on betfair to be top scorer.

Might be worth my while paying a Kharkiv hooligan to break RVP's leg :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Piled on Russia at 26. Look to lay them off during tournament for nice profit. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Might have a few quid on Poland at 50 on Betfair with a view to a lay. The Dortmund spine to their team, and their home advantage makes them seem a good bet to make the quarters when I could lock in some €€€€€€€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

spirit_77 wrote: »

One cannot. But one can score more than 1.5 or less than 1.5.

This splits the market into 2 possibilities, instead of 3 possibilities (e.g. >2, 2 or <2) Super way to bet.

I'm gonna throw a few bob into an account and do a bit of over/under 2.5 goals in a lot of games. Should be well worth a punt for the group games.

From the first round of games, I'd be looking at Poland v Greece, Ireland v Croatia and Ukraine v Sweden all to be under 2.5 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

double GG wrote: »
    I have money on Jelavic top scorer @66-1.

Jelavic doesn't start for Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I have a tenner on:

Russia @ 27
    Portugal @ 24
    Italy @ 16
    Netherlands @ 8.6
    Croatia @ 65
    Poland @ 70

With the view to cashing in when, for example, Russia make the last 8 and drop to about 5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Betfred have enhanced odds of 4/1 for Benzema to be top French scorer. Only lasts until 2 o'clock. If you are a new customer you can sign up, deposit money and get a €50 free bet. Free money, almost.

http://www.betfred.com/sport?betid=1161805.2&navitems=11.1%2c37368.2&market-group=1161805.2&action=market-group-list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You could get Spain at 10/3 in PP on Saturday. Superb price. At that price they were actually second favs behind Germany which is ridiculous, Germany should be at least 2 points bigger.

Danny Welbeck could be a sneaky bet for top scorer at 100/1. He looks like he'll start for England and if he plays well he'll keep his place when Rooney comes back

ConorSTF wrote: »
    Jelavic doesn't start for Croatia.

He will. Olic is out now anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Poland at even money against Greece seems to be a good bet to start with on friday. Anyone know of any better odds around for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

kakee wrote: »
    Poland at even money against Greece seems to be a good bet to start with on friday. Anyone know of any better odds around for this one.

Skybet are slightly bigger. Betexplorer.com your best site for football odds comparisons.

Double it up with Russia. I think they're an even better bet at similar odds. Looking at minimum 3/1 for the double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Had a bet on Winner/Top Scorer France & Benzema @ 40/1 with Boyles.

Also did an accumulator on the first 5 matches before Ireland play on Sunday. Poland, Russia, Holland, Germany & Spain @ 21.95/1 with PP. Need 5 results but hoping Poland will open with a win and Russia too. Think Spain will be too good for Italy and same with Holland against Denmark. Germany should beat Portugal or it will leave them in a bad position in the group of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

i think russia to beat czech republic is a better bet and a better price, i fancy poland vs greece to end in a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

my current betting portfolio:

50 on Germany outright 10/3
    10 on France outright 12/1
    40 on R.Keane top Irish goalscorer 4/1
    30 on France to beat England in group game 9/5
    10 Benzema top goalscorer 16/1
    20 on Russia,Spain,Germany,France all to qualify 9/4
    5 on Poland/Russia, Germany/Holland, Spain/Ireland, France/Sweeden all straight forecasts to finish 1st nd 2nd 2000/1 :eek:

Will get stuck into russia and poland double tomorrow

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

My bets thus Far

Holland outright 17/2 (Setantabet)
    Germany outright 3/1 (BetVictor)
    Bezema to be top goalscorer 16/1
    Russia and Poland both to win today 7/2 enhanced priced ( Setantabet)
    Robbie Keane to be Ireland's top goalscorer 4/1 enhanced priced Paddy Power
    Ozil to be player of the tournament 16/1

I posted this in the gambling form.

Setantabet are paying Double the odds on winning outright bets if Ireland qualify from their group.
    Bet Victor refunding all losing outright bets if Spain win.

That explains my two outight bets :)

I am also looking at the four group winners!
    If your bet gets let down by 1 leg, Paddy Power will refund the bet.
    Thinking Russia, Germany, Spain and France @ 20/1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

I think people are underestimating Greece...They've only lost once in 21 games, and topped their qualifying group which had Croatia in it. I reckon they're going to beat Poland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here's my mad group stages top two forecast betting for very small stakes, a straight accu and a yankee for each.

groupstagesforcast.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

R.Keane top Irish goalscorer 4/1

That couldn't be right...............could it.

Only if its Roy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I couldn't find that bet. But he is 9/2 to be first Irish goalscorer.

• Advertisement

TheBa wrote: »
    Double it up with Russia. I think they're an even better bet at similar odds. Looking at minimum 3/1 for the double
    4-1 with Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

R.Keane top Irish goalscorer 4/1

It was a paddypowey enhancement last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

50 Germany to beat Portugal @ 11/10

10 France to beat England 2-0 @ 10/1

5 Benzema to score 1st/France to win @ 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Might have a few quid on Poland at 50 on Betfair with a view to a lay. The Dortmund spine to their team, and their home advantage makes them seem a good bet to make the quarters when I could lock in some €€€€€€€

How does the lay work exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

ireland not to score in the whole tournament at 7-1.
    croatia to win 3-0 .
    modric anytime scorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Aftertiming I know, but I had Lewandowski as any time for this game. Also have him and Huntelaar to finish in the top four scorers with Benzema to win it outright.

Have a few quid on Germany for the tournament and will do other little bets for each game I watch.

Poland v Greece ref loves cards, so keep an eye on him.

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Got lewandowski & kershikov in a double toscore first, 4 on 150 back

chopser wrote: »
    How does the lay work exactly?
    Basically you back them to win at 50/1 and as they progress throughout the tournament, their odds will shorten to say 20/1. You can then offer them at this price to other punters. If Poland win the tournament, you make money and if they don't you have your bet covered + profit from the difference in the odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Kerzhakov first goal . 11/2

• Advertisement
Advertisement