Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roundup

Options
  • 01-06-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Would i do any damage to a new laurel hedge if i covered them with plastic while i spray the grass around them. As long as no roundup gets on the plant, they should be ok or would spraying so close to the plant damage them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I've been spraying roundup on some blackberries that keep coming back in my hedge, doesnt seem to do the hedge any harm and in the long run the blasted blackberries either!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Roundup is a contact systemic weedkiller, it has the possibility of damaging your hedge so you are very prudent to cover it up, the covering up wont do the hedge any harm at all at all!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

when you are spraying weedkiller make sure that roundup doesnt go on laurels hedge leaves,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Make sure thats its a calm day too.

Roudup spray residue will carry in any sort of breeze and will wipe out any other plants,shrubs or hedging,if you are not carefull with spraying it.

Your neighbours garden too.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Would i do any damage to a new laurel hedge if i covered them with plastic while i spray the grass around them. As long as no roundup gets on the plant, they should be ok or would spraying so close to the plant damage them?

I wish whoever sprayed, whatever it was they sprayed, had thought to cover my poor rasberries and take care on my alotment. :(

:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mucky, i have been trying to destroy invasive raspberries for about five years without chemicals. The blighters are up again this year. If you want any, and are in cork let me know in the next week. Cos I am going to have to resort to the spray to allow anything else in the patch grow at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

pwurple wrote: »
    Mucky, i have been trying to destroy invasive raspberries for about five years without chemicals. The blighters are up again this year. If you want any, and are in cork let me know in the next week. Cos I am going to have to resort to the spray to allow anything else in the patch grow at all. :(

Thanks for the offer but Im in Dublin. :)

Advertisement