Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taoiseach Edna Kennedy !

• 01-06-2012 3:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

From German website Deutche Welle

'Respect and credibility'
    The Irish government, led by Prime Minister Edna Kennedy, campaigned to the last minute on Wednesday in favor of the fiscal pact, arguing that the country's reputation in Europe was at stake.
    "This is about stability, bringing confidence to the euro," the premier said as he campaigned at a Dublin railway station.

Full Article for those who could be arsed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

awh i get it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. he's popular the world over, is Edna

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Interdesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Thanks for voting, possums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Edna "Chamberlain" Kenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Thats no mistake, it was written into the Constitution after the YES vote that the Germans can now name our Taoiseach anything they like.

Edna Kennedy it is so.

Deutschland Uber Alles!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thats no mistake, it was written into the Constitution after the YES vote that the Germans can now name our Taoiseach anything they like.

Edna Kennedy it is so.

Deutschland Uber Alles!
    The Irish spent 800 years trying to shake off the English yoke. Barely 50 years after doing so, they chose to accept another one, from Brussels. A decade ago, they made the worse mistake of joining its German-driven single currency, which bore no relation to the fundamentals of the Irish economy, and so distorted it by offering a stream of cheap money for use by foolish speculators
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152934/Have-Irish-seized-chance-fight-fracturing-euro.html#ixzz1wYHQ1r6O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Sure they weren't mixing him up with Edna Krabappel?

Edna

Enda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If they like him that much they can have him. They can put a leash on him and he can be the Eurozone mascot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Lapin wrote: »
    Biggins wrote: »

What písses me off about both articles is the photos of nuns.

Every foreign photographer covering a news story in Ireland seems compelled to portray us as country still riddled with priests and nuns.

Well I went down to vote yesterday and I didn't see and didn't see one single nun anywhere. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Every foreign photographer covering a news story in Ireland seems compelled to portray us as country still riddled with priests and nuns.

Well I went down to vote yesterday and I didn't see and didn't see one single nun anywhere. :mad:

I know I was told I couldn't org anise a nun shoot in a nunnery, bloody hard tryin to round up nuns now. We had to substitute penguins instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Stinicker wrote: »
    I know I was told I couldn't org anise a nun shoot in a nunnery, bloody hard tryin to round up nuns now. We had to substitute penguins instead.

Yep, somebody told me once that if you gathered up all the nuns in Ireland you wouldn't be able to squeeze them all into Co Cork.

Nowadays you could probably fit them all into Co Louth.

As long as none of them sat sown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Its much a better name, im going to call him that from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

potato

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Edna "Chamberlain" Kenny

We need our Churchill to step forward.

Quoting the Daily Mail for your views, good to know.

Didn't say they were my views or agreed/disagreed - nice stupid try though.
    I posted what someone else stated funny enough in connection of subject matter, to ChunkyLover_53's post - clearly you not able tell the difference.
    Good to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Hey Enda

after your successful campaign maybe Merkel might use a bit of lube next time ye meet

Didn't say they were my views or agreed/disagreed - nice stupid try though.
    I posted what someone else stated in relation to the posters post - clearly you not able tell the difference.
    Do you agree or disagree or are you just fleshing out your posts with meaningless text that bears no relevance to what you're saying?

• Advertisement

Do you agree or disagree or are you just fleshing out your posts with meaningless text that bears no relevance to what you're saying?

There you go again...
    ...But I didn't say it!
    A writer at the paper did - I posted his words because the writer seems to be thinking alone the same lines as some here.

Go figure!

If I wanted to post meaningless text, I would just post many of Enda Kenny's words since election day and before it even!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Edna Kennedy it is so.

Deutschland Uber Alles!

Right, I'm German. But I'm still not sure...shall I call him Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dumber :P

There you go again...
    ...But I didn't say it!
    You included text, I'm asking if you agree or disagree.
    A writer at the paper did - I posted his words because the writer seems to be thinking alone the same lines as some here.
    The Daily Mail print a lot of things, sadly some people do think along the same lines as them. Still wondering if you agree.
    If I wanted to post meaningless text, I would just post many of Enda Kenny's words since election day and before it even!
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/284/233/e9a.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Ha - I didn't vote, nor will I ever vote again in this poxy island

sure if they don't like the results they'll just do it again

Funny that...

You post a clip that is related to a youtube video about two women and a cup (and FAR from relevant to the thread topic!!!) - and you accused me of fleashing out posts.. how did you put it... O' yes...
    are you just fleshing out your posts... etc

What is this?
    Do as I say - not as I do too?

Funny that...

You post a clip that is related to a youtube video about two women and a cup - and you accused me of fleashing out posts.. how did you put it... O' yes...

What is this?
    Do as I say - not as I do too?

Their reaction was akin to my reaction to your masterful burn on Enda Kenny. I still don't know if you agree with the text you posted.

Their reaction was akin to my reaction to your masterful burn on Enda Kenny.

Well now, you should have posted that - it would have been clearer. Life would be so much cleared instead of illusive graphic representations that are open to varied translation!
    ...I still don't know if you agree with the text you posted.
    Thats because I didn't say either way.

We are still living in a free state and until a dictator comes knocking on my door with torture equipment, I'd like to think that unless I offer any opinion of my own, I am allowed to keep it to myself.

...In the meantime I still have the ability - at least I think I have - to post items that coincidently at this very time, are related to the topic of this thread, whether I agree with them or not!

I don't think its in law yet that we all here have to bow to your demands, to say what our views are!

P.S. If your REALLY bothered about my views - you'd click the link in my signature.
    Otherwise - just ignore my thoughts and move on. Ignore me. Its a dead easy thing to do.

Well now, you should have posted that - it would have been clearer. Life would be so much cleared instead of illusive graphic representations that are open to varied translation!
    Are you new to the internet?
    Thats because I didn't say either way.

We are still living in a free state and until a dictator comes knocking on my door with torture equipment, I'd like to think that unless I offer any opinion of my own, I am allowed to keep it to myself.

...In the meantime I still have the ability - at least I think I have - to post items that co-insistently at this very time, are related to the topic of this thread, whether I agree with them or not!

I don't think its in law yet that we all here have to bow to your demands, to say what our views are!

P.S. If your REALLY bothered about my views - you'd click the link in my signature.
    Otherwise - just ignore my thoughts and move on. Ignore me. Its a dead easy thing to do.
    Someone should edit the Boards.ie entry on wikipedia, they have this site listed as discussion boards, but apparently it's just somewhere to post whatever they find on the internet while not offering an opinion and not answering questions related to what they post and reverting to the frankly laughable defence that they're under no legal obligation to do so.
    P.S. How's the IDP getting along?

Are you new to the internet?

:pac:

Thats a graphic you might understand?
    At least I think its clearer!

Someone should edit the Boards.ie entry on wikipedia, they have this site listed as discussion boards, but apparently it's just somewhere to post whatever they find on the internet while not offering an opinion and not answering questions related to what they post and reverting to the frankly laughable defence that they're under no legal obligation to do so.
    Well there is a chance for clarity to be made.

You see in order for there to be discussion/debate - we have to have the material to debate over.

...And guess what, Thats just whats I did, - and posted material on a matter related to the OP's topic.
    I know... I have a hard neck!
    P.S. How's the IDP getting along?
    Swimmingly.
    ...And the more FG and Labour continue to screw up and hit the people with more invented tax's - levy's - charges - etc...
    The more the public will seek alternatives. The IDP's door is always open...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Quoting the Daily Mail for your views, good to know.

We almost went broke apparently!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

First thing I thought to when I saw the 3 pictures of the elderly nuns ,which made me think ...wtf is it with the foreign media portraying Ireland as if it's only nuns and priests who live there ? ...lol

Advertisement