Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Might it be a good idea to promote the spaces in division 7 in the fantasy sports forum arena ? If theres still space available of course. The guys there usually play fantasy EPL and put in good effort to leagues so they'd be good to have around and it would hopefully promote fantasy football even more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Might it be a good idea to promote the spaces in division 7 in the fantasy sports forum arena ? If theres still space available of course. The guys there usually play fantasy EPL and put in good effort to leagues so they'd be good to have around and it would hopefully promote fantasy football even more :)

Thats good thinking that should fill up the remaining spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

With 3 weeks or so to go , I'm sure Div 7 will get the 12 it needs to have a competitive league. I think there was a flood of applicants towards start of the season.

Would people who were genuinely interested in actively participating not be making their way over here naturally?

poldebruin wrote: »
    With 3 weeks or so to go , I'm sure Div 7 will get the 12 it needs to have a competitive league. I think there was a flood of applicants towards start of the season.

Would people who were genuinely interested in actively participating not be making their way over here naturally?

Be surprised how many American Football fans on Boards dont come near this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

CoachTO wrote: »
    Be surprised how many American Football fans on Boards dont come near this forum.

True, I had almost forgotten about it myself. Recruit away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I go on holidays and when I come back I've been promoted :) must go away more often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

signed up

but gettin booted

where am i headin!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Joined the mock draft, but why is there a W/R flex?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Need another 5 teams to have a draft I think.

I could invite a few from another website if people want to draft tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Ok have that changed, its the default roster positions on NFL.com and i never even thought of it

Looks to be 4 spots left, cant draft without it being filled

• Advertisement

I have a second NFL account, if we're stuck for numbers near the end I can fill a space

I have a second NFL account, if we're stuck for numbers near the end I can fill a space

Same

Cos the league wasnt full half an hour before the draft the league automatically postpones the draft. I've reset it til 10pm tonight so people have an hour to fill the league

I just signed up my 2nd account. If during the next few weeks this fills up and somebody wants a space, I'll either withdraw the 2nd team or Spongey can kick them (Team Name = If They Go For This).

One team left to fill the mock league before 9.30 please

Would also help going forward for kicking purposes who Aaron Todgers, 4th and forever and Peyton Mannings shoulder are?

Peyton Mannings shoulder are?

My burn team

<- Aaron Todgers

I know, I'm a child.

<- Aaron Todgers

I know, I'm a child.

Actually suspected that one given your affinity with QBs :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm 4thandforever

Took the last place with a second account just to ensure it goes ahead. Post here if you want in and I'll leave the league.

Team name is bootifneeded

• Advertisement

Excellent stuff. At least we can draft tonight.

Dont know how often people want to do these drafts but i'll reset them for every weekday evening at 9pm.

There are 4 burn teams there so the next people interested will get those spots and then i'll kick people in rotation. If i kick you and you want back in just PM me and i'll kick someone else.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Took the last place with a second account just to ensure it goes ahead. Post here if you want in and I'll leave the league.

Team name is bootifneeded

Invited a mate to use my second account so one extra human in the draft too

How did people get on, I thought it was good to get a first draft in, drafted at 3 overall and went QB first and thought it worked out ok.

Aaron Rodgers
    Steven Jackson
    Adrian Peterson
    Steve Johnson
    Antonio Gates
    Toby Gerhart
    Darrius Heyward-Bey
    Santana Moss
    Peyton Hillis
    Ryan Williams
    Randy Moss
    Steve Breaston
    Dexter McCluster
    Denver Broncos
    Robbie Gould

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Good team, WR could be hit or miss though. As someone else said, smart move picking up Gerhart to compliment AP.

Any thoughts :

QB: Newton - Luck
    RB: Sproles - Richardson - Blount - Alex Green
    WR: Lloyd - Wayne - Doug Baldwin - Amendola - Gaffney
    TE: Vernon Davis - Rudolph
    D: Falcons
    K: Hanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mike Vick

Ryan Williams (Chargers, not Cards)
    Jamaal Charles

Anquan Boldin
    Vincent Jackson
    Kendall Wright

Jason Witten

Carson Palmer
    Rashaad Jennings
    CJ Spiller
    Nate Burleson
    Jacoby Ford
    Jermaine Gresham

Alex Henery

Houston D

Average team, like my RB, not happy with WR

Thought Gresham was a steal in 13! I love this guy, over 500 yd and 6 TDs last year, he'll be more then fine as backup and spot starter

Saw my man Carson Palmer taking abuse in the comments, he was a top 10 fantasy QB for the final weeks of the year. Don't have stats in front of me, may have been last 6.
    Yeah he had a shocking return but all that improved and is over.

I like CJ Spiller on my bench, Bills use him on lots of different packages, not necessarily as RB

Missed out on Ryan Williams Cardinals RB who I like a lot, I see adrian snagged him

nice team, probably banking on Richardson a bit.

Nice receivers. Not sure about Davis though, he blocks a lot and didn't really put up huge numbers last year until the playoffs. What pick was he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What round do ye reckon Luck will be going in?

Mike .. Yeah I think ryan williams(ARI) can be good this year and I agree on palmer, good pickup at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

adrian522 wrote: »
    nice team, probably banking on Richardson a bit.

Nice receivers. Not sure about Davis though, he blocks a lot and didn't really put up huge numbers last year until the playoffs. What pick was he?

Not quite sure, think he was at least 7 or 8th?
    What round do ye reckon Luck will be going in?

I picked him up 10th or so.

Advertisement