Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Not quite sure, think he was at least 7 or 8th?

I picked him up 10th or so.

That's what I was thinking, really trying to draw up my drafting/roster plan

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

Hiya lads. I'm Adrians mate who stepped in. Think I rubbed a couple of you up the wrong way but never mind. I'm a bit of an anorak with regards to the NFL so was trying to offer help. Take part in a load of leagues. If I draft with you lads again I'll keep my trap shut.

Draft went well for me I felt (other than pissing everyone off :D ). Ended up with:

QB: Flacco, Fitzpatrick
    RB: Rice, Lynch, Smith, Goodson
    WR: Nicks, Meachem, Brown, Baldwin, Johnson, Hill
    TE: Pettigrew
    K: Zuerlein
    DST: Cardinals

I like Flacco a lot as a QB but took him a little earlier than I'd have liked. RBs aren't great but I've got 2 feature backs and guys who should see ok time backing them up. My WRs are my strength. Nicks will have a monster year IMO, Meachem should be the WR1 in San Diego, Antonio Brown should benefit from Mike Wallace holding out, Jon Baldwin is a breakout candidate (especially with Dwayne Bowe missing camp) and Chad Johnson is a shot to nothing as is Stephen Hill. Rest are solid pickups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Picking smack bang in the middle at number 8.

6. Jay Cutler (CHI)
    13. David Garrard (MIA)

1. Chris Johnson (TEN)
    4. Stevan Ridley (NE)
    7. Michael Bush (CHI)
    8. David Wilson (NYG)

2. Brandon Marshall (CHI)
    3. Jordy Nelson (GB)
    5. Denarius Moore (OAK)
    10. Jerome Simpson (MIN)
    11. Randall Cobb (GB)

9. Jared Cook (TEN)
    12. Dwayne Allen (IND)

14. Cincinnati Defence

15. Ryan Lindell (BUF)

Would have been happy enough with that for the real thing. Still a believer in the age old drafting of defence and kickers last :o
    Think I rubbed a couple of you up the wrong way but never mind. I'm a bit of an anorak with regards to the NFL so was trying to offer help. Take part in a load of leagues. If I draft with you lads again I'll keep my trap shut.

Was only messing with you mate (Aaron Todgers), welcome to Boards. Feel free to sign up for one of our leagues here, the more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

PacFish wrote: »
    Hiya lads. I'm Adrians mate who stepped in. Think I rubbed a couple of you up the wrong way but never mind. I'm a bit of an anorak with regards to the NFL so was trying to offer help. Take part in a load of leagues. If I draft with you lads again I'll keep my trap shut.

Wouldn't worry about it. The banter on the chat is what makes those drafts fun at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Really liking that team JaMarcus. Can see the Bears having a good season so Cutler should put up some decent numbers for a QB picked that late. You've a lot of depth at each position - Cobb with the 11th pick is a nice one too given he's only going to put up bigger numbers from here on.

It's alright man, only thing was that the 'git' who picked was on autodraft! Welcome to the boards btw.

• Advertisement

No worries then lads. I know I ramble on a bit when it comes to the NFL. I know nothing useful in life but I can tell you who's the 3rd string tackle is for most NFL teams :lol:

Before Berty outs me I better tell you all I'm actually English (cue mountains of abuse) so not sure if I'd be eligible for your leagues!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nice team jmr, what do you think about Ridley this year?

Really liking that team JaMarcus. Can see the Bears having a good season so Cutler should put up some decent numbers for a QB picked that late. You've a lot of depth at each position - Cobb with the 11th pick is a nice one too given he's only going to put up bigger numbers from here on.

It's alright man, only thing was that the 'git' who picked was on autodraft! Welcome to the boards btw.

I have found that later round QB's are better value well outside the elite 3 QBs in the league at the time. Especially when you could draft a WR or RB as both position's can be very thin once you go past round 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PacFish wrote: »
    No worries then lads. I know I ramble on a bit when it comes to the NFL. I know nothing useful in life but I can tell you who's the 3rd string tackle is for most NFL teams :lol:

Before Berty outs me I better tell you all I'm actually English (cue mountains of abuse) so not sure if I'd be eligible for your leagues!
    Berty doesn't really post on here..Welcome to join the fantasy league if you like..You'll be in division 7 though.

Stay out of the madden league tho:-)

adrian522 wrote: »
    Berty doesn't really post on here..Welcome to join the fantasy league if you like..You'll be in division 7 though.

Stay out of the madden league tho:-)

Division 7 just means 6 consecutive promotions :D If theres a spot I'd happily take it

Theres a Madden league you say.... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Nice team jmr, what do you think about Ridley this year?

Think he has a good chance. He was very impressive last year - 5 yards per carry in a rookie season is nothing to be sniffed at, and by all accounts has been one of the most impressive players at Pats training camp this year. Has nailed down the starting position and of course there's no Lawfirm to contend with this year (the fact that Addai was cut so early also bodes well).

Even though the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Josh McDaniels being home is how potent the passing attack could be, that would obviously mean more carries for Ridley if the Pats are to be running down the clock in the 4th quarter (we had the 9th most RB carries in the league back in 2007 in Brady's 50 TD season, and 6th most the season before).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

****e I dunno how I managed to forget about this seeing as I only signed up a few hours ago ! Had a look at the team that was autopicked for me and it's okay I guess !

Been listening to a few fantasy podcasts today and don't think I;m going to draft a Kicker of defense at all. Best off to play the matchups each week IMO :)

What are peoples thoughts regarding MJD btw ? He's still not in contract and is surely slipping down draft boards with every day he misses. Obviously still an excellent player but missing training camp could have bad effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Sign me up for tomorrow's mock draft. Have to say after picking Charles last year I want to play it safe with a QB, but if I'm late first round I could go TE, big difference between the best and the rest there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I missed last years draft and tonights one as well. This is my second year playing and I've never actually taken part in a draft of any kind. If there is a space in one next week sometime I'd like to give it a shot I suppose.

I won't be around at the weekend. I lead a very busy life :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Didn't get the time to post here last night, but seeing as almost everyone (who was active anyway) has already posted their teams here's my one for anybody who's interested. Had the second pick.

QB - Rivers, Flynn
    RB - Foster, Reggie Bush, Leshore, Moreno
    WR - Manningham, Torrey Smith, Blackmon, Collie, Jeffrey
    TE - Fred Davis, Moeaki
    K - Succop
    DEF - Cowboys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Wasnt paying too much attention to last nights draft and ended up from the 16th pick with

QB - RG3, Kolb
    RB - Forte, Fred Jackson, Mendenhall & Taiwan Jones
    WR - Austin, Britt, Little, Washington, Michael Floyd & Laurent Robinson
    TE - Graham
    K - Barth
    DEF - Eagles

Have the draft reset to tonight at 9pm (gonna reset it for every night to give everyone a chance at it. If anyone wants in send me a PM

Spongey, i think Graham is a great pick, top of the second, mendenhall and Britt are risky picks though. The rest of it is pretty good though.

Lionbacker...like that team, a lot of receivers who could work out very well, and foster should be great this year too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Okay I should make it tonight !

I'll drop my second team if anyone wants to draft tonight..Just let me know.

I'll drop my second team if anyone wants to draft tonight..Just let me know.

I would like to draft tonight.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    I would like to draft tonight.

matthew i've sent you a PM already

I'd like to draft tonight if there is a space left:)

matthew i've sent you a PM already

Just joined. Notification thingy is broken. Why is there 18 teams in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

matthew8 wrote: »
    Why is there 18 teams in the league?

Some have two accounts just to make up the numbers and make it a 16 man league last night

If new players are joining there will be no need for these second accounts

As I understand it anyway

i've dropped out my second account if someone wants to join for tonight.

is it still for 10pm?

EDIT: Just seen its for 9pm.

i've dropped out my second account if someone wants to join for tonight.

is it still for 10pm?

EDIT: Just seen its for 9pm.

Can I just add myself into the league for the draft tonight?

Yeah..

Just add yourself, there is room

League ID 979829, password is mockers

Yeah..

Cheers just joined there...

Team Name-KC Chefs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Picking smack bang in the middle at number 8.

6. Jay Cutler (CHI)
    13. David Garrard (MIA)

1. Chris Johnson (TEN)
    4. Stevan Ridley (NE)
    7. Michael Bush (CHI)
    8. David Wilson (NYG)

2. Brandon Marshall (CHI)
    3. Jordy Nelson (GB)
    5. Denarius Moore (OAK)
    10. Jerome Simpson (MIN)
    11. Randall Cobb (GB)

9. Jared Cook (TEN)
    12. Dwayne Allen (IND)

14. Cincinnati Defence

15. Ryan Lindell (BUF)

Guys, if you're posting a team, it's much more useful to include what round you picked players like Jamarcus has done above.

e.g. found it interesting he went for Chris Johnson in the first round after Johnson's relatively bad season last year. But without the numbers I wouldn't have known if it was a first or second round pick.

Advertisement