Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Which are the best sites for playing leagues with random people for money? Nothing major, just something like a tenner in. Would be an added interest, and i'm sure people don't stop playing half way through like they do on NFL and Espn sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-football-purchase/fantasy-football-purchase-mfltens.php

Try this. They are 12 man leagues, $10 to enter and its an email draft with 8 hours per pick. Its a good site for fantasy football leagues, there are a lot of dynasty leagues run through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I think it might be best to set up a mock draft sticky....

I'm still trying to get division 5 together and its a pain to have to scroll through all this to find the info I need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

I think it might be best to set up a mock draft sticky....

I'm still trying to get division 5 together and its a pain to have to scroll through all this to find the info I need!

All the mock draft talk is for the most part being discussed in its own thread now right here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056718876

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Lads I just checked there. With the NFL starting on a Wednesday this year Wednesday 5th is no longer available for the Draft. For any league who have Sept 5th down in their Poll it wont be available to set for Draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just a request regarding div 6 draft. I'm actually startin work at 8 the Thursday night. Would it be possible to bring draft date forward to the wed or alternatively push it back to the Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

gufc21 wrote: »
    Just a request regarding div 6 draft. I'm actually startin work at 8 the Thursday night. Would it be possible to bring draft date forward to the wed or alternatively push it back to the Sunday?

I think the general rule of thumb for drafts is that the GM makes a schedule for the draft on doodle.com or something similar and everyone votes on what date/time suit them best - then GM picks the date/time that suits the majority as it's the only fair way as moving from one date to suit one person may not suit another.

Get in contact with your GM anyways to see what the story is exactly if a poll hasn't been set up already or whatever anyways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

gufc21 wrote: »
    As John said, draft date not set yet. Will be sending around poll in leadup to it. Draft between last preseason game and Opening Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Played D3 last year but missed the deadline date, can i get a code for the bottom league

At the moment i have 5 players for division 7

taidghbaby
    SK1979
    Exspensivewino
    PacFish
    Basillarkin

Any new players will be added to this

We need a minimum of 4 and in even increments (6,8,10,12,14,16) to have a league, obviously the more the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

so when are invitese been sent out for these leagues?

manafana wrote: »
    so when are invitese been sent out for these leagues?

You're in Div 3, contact BastardPrince as he is the GM there and he'll sort you out to get you in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

At the moment i have 5 players for division 7

taidghbaby
    SK1979
    Exspensivewino
    PacFish
    Basillarkin

Any new players will be added to this

We need a minimum of 4 and in even increments (6,8,10,12,14,16) to have a league, obviously the more the better
    can you pm me with the code for this league thanks.

There is no code yet as there hasnt been a league set up on NFL.com and i cant do so because im not in it. Its going to have to be one of the guys in the league who acts as GM, sets up the league and invites everyone into it

Any volunteers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Guys, there's one space going in NFL Oireland that needs filling in the next 25 mins. Draft is at 8pm tonight, volunteers welcome asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Guys, there's one space going in NFL Oireland that needs filling in the next 25 mins. Draft is at 8pm tonight, volunteers welcome asap!

throw me in sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

There is no code yet as there hasnt been a league set up on NFL.com and i cant do so because im not in it. Its going to have to be one of the guys in the league who acts as GM, sets up the league and invites everyone into it

Any volunteers?

I'll set up this league if no one else does. Not around much at the weekend but will try set it up and will pm all players down for div 7 already.

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer the administrator of a league after you set one up? I've no problem trying to do it but never played before so would have no problem making way for someone more familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

SK1979 wrote: »
    I'll set up this league if no one else does. Not around much at the weekend but will try set it up and will pm all players down for div 7 already.

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer the administrator of a league after you set one up? I've no problem trying to do it but never played before so would have no problem making way for someone more familiar.

Yeah, it's possible to transfer the admin role to someone else when the league is set-up. Not too much to it anyway, just put in the standard Boards settings and leave it off.

SK1979 wrote: »

This is already done earlier today, have PM'ed you the info to log on to it

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Any spaces still open for newcomers?

• Advertisement

PM sent. Welcome aboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

PM sent. Welcome aboard
    Could I be included in the bottom division as well? My username is the same as for here but with no spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Same goes for me. Slept on my spot in D4 and I'd love to get into D7. Always active once the season starts, it's the lull that's the probably for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Just had a draft with a league I'm doing with a few mates. Good craic, although only 3 outta 8 drafted.

I'm looking forward to drafting with knowledgeable Boardsies next....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

How do folks here rate MJD in light of his holdout? ESPN has him inside their top 10 overall & nfl.com have dropped him to 20th. Most mocks I've done still have him available around the tenth pick (depending on how many Autopicks there are) Question is, would you still take him in the first round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Benny Cake wrote: »
    How do folks here rate MJD in light of his holdout? ESPN has him inside their top 10 overall & nfl.com have dropped him to 20th. Most mocks I've done still have him available around the tenth pick (depending on how many Autopicks there are) Question is, would you still take him in the first round?

He's 20th on NFL.com, so if I was at a first round spot to pick him in our 16 man leagues I would be happy to see if he falls in the second, if not there's plenty of RBs there anyway. I have him around 16th on my board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

his talent is undisputed, but at the moment hes a disgruntled employee and his head isnt in the books with regards to plays etc etc so i reckon he'll be well off the pace

im staying well away from him

i dont know why fantasy gurus still hold holdouts and injured players in the top tiers i.e MJD, Ryan Mathews et al

whats the point in drafting somebody whos crocked in anticipation of a strong finish, your season could be over by then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Here's the difference between MJD and Chris Johnson. MJD's form going into this season is far better than Johnson's heading into last year. Ryan Mathews is 26th on the NFL board, which is fair because he's only missing 2 weeks and all HBs seem to have injury concerns anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

matthew8 wrote: »
    Here's the difference between MJD and Chris Johnson. MJD's form going into this season is far better than Johnson's heading into last year. Ryan Mathews is 26th on the NFL board, which is fair because he's only missing 2 weeks and all HBs seem to have injury concerns anyway.

Ya, I really don't like Johnson as a first rounder. It will be interesting to see how far AJ Peterson falls, might be worth a shot if he is available in the third round (16 team league)..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I think Johnson will be solid this year, maybe 1300 yards+

Advertisement